Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: adding new mic/input - Page: 2
okay, really curious

Is the VDJ mic just one channel? Until I can find something that works, Im diong podcasts. Once I got the decks to play again (no idea why they stopped to begin with), the podcast went fine and I recorded off my mixer and VJD.

Sure enough, the mixer recording sounds fine. VDJ - mic is not in stereo, sounds faint and tinny and is easily drowned out by the music (obviously in stereo and full volume). Mic on mixer levels all the way up and some for level settings on computer .

Is the vjd mic only mono?

Posted Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 2:13 pm
Most mics are mono - because your voice is mono. As most mics are mono, so is the mic channel.

Mic channels on DJ mixers are mono. Mic channels on PA mixers are mono. Mic channels on studio mixers are mono. It's perfectly normal.

Posted Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 2:35 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
As far as VDJ is concerned the mic channel inside VirtualDJ does allow stereo sources though.

As for the levels and quality, you'd need to give more information about the mic used, mixer used, how it's connected to each other and to the computer and how it's set up inside VDJ.
Sounds like possibly you didn't use a mic input?

Posted Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 3:49 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002

Posted Sun 19 Dec 21 @ 3:56 pm
thank you!

As far as directional, etc mics, it's been a whlle (obviously) but I think plenty of mic ARE stereo, it depends on what someone is doing as to whether or not they want/need that?

I am using a rode procaster mic and rode caster mixer. Mic routes through the mixer. Mixer connected to laptop with USB. Phone goes through mixer either with bluetooth or cable.

Re VJD: procaster (mixer) listed as output and input (and listed under line input) I click the "master" mic on (and levels, such as they are, are all the way up)

But it still sounds like the mic is sharing a deck or something, certainly, as I have it anyway, not broadcast quality.

And thanks for the programming option. Ill look into that once I see if I will stay with VJD or not.

Posted Mon 20 Dec 21 @ 3:18 pm
I asked you last week to post a pic of your VDJ audio config, so that we can see where you're going wrong.

Reading between the lines of your comments, it seems like you're using the mixer as a USB audio interface to get the mic signal into VDJ - but then you're sending the VDJ signal (mic plus music) back into the mixer?

Depending on the audio routing capabilities of the mixer, this is not something you'd usually want to do, because you're creating a loop which could result in feedback.

Posted Mon 20 Dec 21 @ 7:12 pm
Thanks grooving!

I am not able to take a pic but yes, I think you're right about the interface. I'm not sure how else to set it up tho? It does go from tbe mixer to vdj and vjd has the mi xer as an output. Everything seems to work okay (no feedback) except the mic. And, if I use a music bed (from mixer) that does not get picked up at all--not a huge deal tho.

So, I just want to b'cast my show live! I can do podcasts as it is but that's not what I want. A d I need the mix to sound decent!!

Thanks!

Posted Mon 20 Dec 21 @ 9:40 pm
red pony girl wrote :
not able to

Why not? Do you not know how?

Posted Mon 20 Dec 21 @ 10:58 pm

Posted Sat 05 Mar 22 @ 11:20 pm