Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Automix Question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I know you could do this on the demo but I'm wondering if you can do it on the actual software (which I have) I was wondering if you can mix it to the next song where it actually begins instead of where the verse/drums/etc begin?

Posted Tue 11 Nov 03 @ 6:18 pm
thats a good question, I know that there is a option the 1.07b to edit the start times but I can't get it to work, We need some instruction

see ya

Posted Wed 12 Nov 03 @ 6:16 pm
According to the user guide available on the website there is supposed to be an automix option in the FAME settings tab of the configuration screen. I am testing out the 1.08 trial version and that option is not available.

It is listed on page 44 of the user guide under section V, "FAME algorithm options" giving you several options on how automix works.

But, unfortunately it is not available.

I have found that automatic mixing starts songs to far in, cutting off as much as 10 seconds of the song in some cases.

Posted Tue 20 Jul 04 @ 1:49 am
You can set the automix start/end points by loading a song on a deck, and then right-clicking it, and choosing "Edit BPM". Then, in that window, there is a tab called "Edit AutoMix" where you can choose different options for your songs (including the type of fades allowed, and the start/end points for the song).

Regards, macourteau

Posted Tue 20 Jul 04 @ 3:41 am
Does the instruction of right clicking on a song to get to the "Edit BPM" option mean that you have to click on every song in your database to change the automix characteristics of each song?

Posted Wed 21 Jul 04 @ 1:41 am
Yes you have to do this for every song, but VirtualDJ tries to find the best start/end points, so you won't have to edit all your songs. You will only have to adjust the songs that do not automix properly :)

macourteau

Posted Wed 21 Jul 04 @ 2:42 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
set the crossfade lenght to 0, and either enable or disable the force fade option (I can never remember) This will cause the song to play all the way to the end, and begin the next song at the very beginning. However, doing it this way, VDJ will not load the next song in the play list. This must be done manually. If you don't load the next song, VDJ will replay the song that is there.

Posted Wed 21 Jul 04 @ 2:58 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)