Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: BSOD
Can latency issues cause a BSOD in windows. The last gig, I noticed I was having some popping sounds thru speakers, and before I could adjust latency higher I got the dreaded Blue Screen of death. Then after it restarted and I changed settings no problems. Could these be related. I'm about ready to go back to CD's if can't get kinks worked out. A restart in the middle of the bride and grooms first dance would be a good way to never get hired again.

Posted Tue 19 Oct 21 @ 12:57 pm
BSOD would be caused by a driver, possibly an audio one.

You'd need to give a lot more details of your equipment to be able to help though.

Posted Tue 19 Oct 21 @ 12:59 pm
Im using a Pioneer ddJ-SR2 controller with the only driver they have so I must assume it is updated. HP - 17.3" Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 - 8GB Memory - 256GB SSD Using a 2 TB External SSD for music storage. This problem seems to be intermittent. I've adjusted Latency up to 512 this last gig and it seems to be better. So far no BSOD since setting change

I believe it said something about a Kernel Security Check Failure on the screen before restart

Posted Tue 19 Oct 21 @ 1:04 pm
There is a free program called BlueScreenView. It will automatically read the dump files created by a BSOD. It will still be a little cryptic but can point you to the problem.

BlueScreenView is here:
https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html

Could also be a hardware problem. Unlikely anything to do with latency.

There is also a way provided by windows that allows you to generate your own BSOD with a custom keyboard sequence. You have to explicitly turn this on. It is there for developers and testing.

Posted Fri 22 Oct 21 @ 2:58 pm