Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Continuous play?
I am starting an internet radio station and would like to use VirtualDJ as my playout system. Can VirtualDJ be programmed to play consecutive songs automatically, for instance if I have to leave the studio for longer than 3 or 4 minutes ?

Posted Thu 26 Aug 21 @ 6:00 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014

Posted Thu 26 Aug 21 @ 6:13 am
BTW: "relay_play" will also load & play tracks from the automix list when it finishes with the loaded tracks.
The way it works is this:
1) Play a song on deck A, load a song on deck B, enable relay_play
2) When deck A reaches it's end, deck B starts automatically. NO MIXING is done though. It's a "back to back" playback
3) When deck B reaches it's end, if you haven't loaded a new track on deck A, relay will load the first unplayed track of automix list and start it's playback. If you did load a new track then it will play the new track instead.

Relay_play is mostly useful to playback mixed medleys/cd's without worrying about starting the next track at the exact end of the previous track.

For automated playback, automix is the best and proffered option.
First of all it supports "mixing" of the tracks.
Also, you can use events scheduler to load different playlists at set times or intervals.
Therefore, with some preparation, you can have VirtualDJ play 24/24 different playlists and even set it to shuffle their tracks.

Posted Thu 26 Aug 21 @ 7:29 am
My 2 cents,
Automix is very useful for such things,
I get to the club around 8 and set up a playlist and put it on auto, i do choose the songs and order,
I take over about 9 or so when i get settled in if during the night i need to step away i will go back to automix never more than a song or 2 a safety net if i dont get back to the booth,
At home i use automix for my background music and leave it playing for hours,

Posted Thu 26 Aug 21 @ 11:06 pm