Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Shortcut for recorded file
How can I create a shortcut for recorded file: Show in Explorer? Thank you all for your assistance.

Posted Sun 13 Jun 21 @ 5:44 pm
Not sure what you meant by that..
Add to VirtualDJ database? or open location?

Or create Windows/Mac shortcuts?

Posted Mon 14 Jun 21 @ 3:23 pm
Yes, locaion of the recorded file. I cannot figure out how to create such shortcut. Thanks in advance.

Posted Wed 16 Jun 21 @ 10:46 am
Not sure what you mean by "shortcut" though.

Do you want to open the location in VirtualDJ browser? If so just browse to the location under "local music" in the browser and set the folder where you record to as "Favorite" (bookmarked) by clicking the star folder icon at the browser left side toolbar.

If you want to change where you record the file to, open VirtualDJ settings, and under "Record" click the [...] button at end of file name to set where you record to...

Posted Wed 16 Jun 21 @ 10:58 am
Thank you Rune for your reply. "Shortcut" is a keyboard buttons combination (for example Ctr+F2). Everytime, when I finish recording a file I have to open VirtualDJ settings, and click "Recorded file" button, then select and click "Show in Explorer" button. I do many recordings like that and I just want to have a quick access to recorded file in order to rename it.

Posted Thu 17 Jun 21 @ 7:35 am
xylumePRO InfinityMember since 2015
I just click on the Master Tab and File, then the three dots.

Posted Thu 17 Jun 21 @ 9:20 am
DmitrySVDM wrote :
when I finish recording a file I have to open VirtualDJ settings, and click "Recorded file" button, then select and click "Show in Explorer"

Its no "shortcut" (script action) to open the Windows explorer from VirtualDJ currently, that I can think of..

But what you can do (guessing you record to same location each time), is to favorite/bookmark that location as a folder in VirutalDJ. And that way quickly being able to open and see the new recording after its done ;-)

Posted Thu 17 Jun 21 @ 10:19 am
Many thanks Rune for your time and supportยก I will try that what you said. Have a nice day and best regards ๐Ÿ˜

Posted Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 8:28 am
Thank you very much XYLUME, I will try your tip as well. Have a great day ๐Ÿ˜

Posted Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 8:34 am
Also you can change the setting "recordOverwrite" to "change filename"
This way each time you start a new recording a new file will get created and you don't have to worry about overwriting the old one.

The new files will just have a number at the end of the filename you specify, e.g:
My Awesome Mix.flac
My Awesome Mix (2).flac
My Awesome Mix (3).flac
My Awesome Mix (4).flac
E.t.c.

Posted Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 8:35 am
Thank you PHANTOMDEEJA for your advice, however I have to give a particular name to each recorded file. I use VDJ to make loops and samples from various songs that are compatible in bpm and key for my future mashups. When I have enough bits and pieces of recorded files I transfer them into Adobe Audition and simply compile a mashup, (may be this process sounds crazy for pros but I am a bigginer and using only my laptop) That is why I need to name each recorded file with some certain description for further mixing in AU, ๐Ÿ˜

Posted Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 9:04 am
open the folder location of your recorded file. Minimize it.
Record away and when done click the minimize folder, rename your recorded file.

I think that would be quicker n better IMO.

Posted Fri 18 Jun 21 @ 1:51 pm
open the folder location of your recorded file. Minimize it.
Record away and when done click the minimize folder, rename your recorded file.

I think that would be quicker n better IMO.

Thanks a lot for your advice! This is the best and easiest option for me โ˜บ๏ธ๐Ÿ‘

Posted Sat 19 Jun 21 @ 8:10 pm