Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: BPM Analyzer
BPM Analyzer is not working. The problem is not with the BPM but the length of the song. After analyzing it does not provide full length of songs on some tracks. Tried everything. Tried reinstalling with no results.

Posted Tue 01 Jun 21 @ 9:37 pm
How do you determine that it's not providing the full length ?
Before analyzing, VirtualDJ relies on header data to tell the length of a song, which many times is inaccurate (especially with VBR files)
After analyzing, VirtualDJ calculates the correct length of a song based on the actual frames of the file.
That's why some times some songs may appear shorter it time after scanning. However that doesn't mean that VirtualDJ is not providing the full length of a song.
The only case something like that would happen, is if the file is corrupted.

So, if you load the song on a deck and it doesn't play until the end as it should, then check the same song with other media players. And if it plays fine until the end on other media players please share such a file with us to take a look.

Posted Tue 01 Jun 21 @ 9:50 pm
Thanks for responding. For example a song may be 4:30 in length, but after analyzing may only go to 2:20. And when I load the song on a deck it will only play that 2:20. Some songs are even less than a minute after analyzing. It seems to only happen with songs from tidal playlist (but not all Tidal songs) and the weird thing about it is 1 day a particular song may not analyze correctly in length but later that same song will analyze correctly. It's only the length. BPM is fine. It doesn't happen with songs from my personal library just Tidal songs.

Posted Tue 01 Jun 21 @ 10:28 pm
Perhaps the download stops then ?
I mean, Tidal tracks are downloaded on the spot, and if your internet connection is not good perhaps the download fails before the track has been downloaded completely ?

Posted Tue 01 Jun 21 @ 11:01 pm