Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Combing scripts - Page: 2
I have reversed engineered, and done some clever things, but it's things like var etc, and the thing I hate the most, is I was using a comma, and it wasn't working, and i copied and pasted the symbol and it worked, and then I learnt it is not a comma it's just a similar symbol. Having a space or a small deviation can hold things up and be almost impossible to notice.

The fact that you have made it simple enough is good so I can't complain, but will me ever get a gun like apples script automator, that would be a game changer, imagine, if everyone was able to do some scripting and not feel intimidated. vdj has so much to offer, and it needs to be the go to, i pitty serato users

Posted Fri 07 May 21 @ 9:00 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
There are not enough commands that need comma, this is really specific to rarely used commands (list of panels or curve points) maybe it was single quotes '...' and inverted quotes `...` ?

"imagine, if everyone was able to do some scripting and not feel intimidated" X))
It looks like this is what afraid any team the most.... imagine nobody needs them anymore ^^

The script was not initially intend for users but to map controllers
That's why It is far (really far) to be usable as a real scripting (or programming) language

But at least it exists ^^

Posted Fri 07 May 21 @ 10:25 pm
Sorry when I said comma I meant the little thing ' lie that, you know the field for pad or button description, there's one that you have a ' looking symbol at the end and start and I was using a very similar looking symbol and from experience I copied and pasted a working one and found out it was a totally different symbol. I really don't want to sound ungrateful, it's just I love this application so much, and I can't believe how powerful it is and what I have been doing, I am so impressed, other software developers charge people for features that are standard. I opened up serato and tractor and went to preferences and thought it was a joke, I spent ages digging around until I realised that's how deep it is and how I couldn't alter so many important things I take for granted.

Posted Sun 09 May 21 @ 2:48 am