Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Backup Database
Hi, I'm having a huge problem. I own VDJ infinite, I have 2 hard drives. The first one is a ssd with virtual dj on it. My second drive is all my music. I backed up all my music many time and my vdi database on the software. my second hd broke (the one with my music in there). I thought it's not bad because I have a backup. I restored it but all my filters disappeared in vdi. I restored one of vdi backup and no filter is in there. If I make another filter VDJ find the songs but I would have to recreate all the filters. PITA. Why is it like this and mostly how to avoid that ? I thought making a backup of vdi database would be ok. Pl help

Posted Sat 20 Mar 21 @ 10:00 pm
did you backup whole drive or only the music folder(s) ?

The database, and "virtual folders", exists on the 2nd drive in the folder /virtualdj/ (for the music that exists on the 2nd drive)
So you need to restore this one as well

Other stuff like playlists, filters, added plugins etc exists at the local drive
/documents/virtualdj/

Posted Sat 20 Mar 21 @ 10:07 pm
I did it a long time ago but woul be a gray start. Do I juste replace my new database by my old one on my drive 2? Is all my cue, loop, ect are stored in this database?

Posted Sat 20 Mar 21 @ 10:19 pm
carlfortin123456 wrote :
It. Do I juste replace my new database by my old one on my drive 2? Is all my cue, loop, ect are stored in this database?

yes exactly. All cues, loops etc are stored in the folder /virtualdj/ on drive 2.
So the backup you have of drive 2 (the most recent one) will work (to the time of the backup)

Posted Sat 20 Mar 21 @ 10:39 pm
It’s a really sad news but it’s the truth. I backup several time the wrong database. It’s empty and useless. Everything was on m disk 2. Thank you. I just need to cry now ;$(

Posted Sat 20 Mar 21 @ 10:48 pm
ouch...

You might be able to recover from old drive unless is completely gone.
But perhaps so, if you already reverted to a backup

Posted Sat 20 Mar 21 @ 11:19 pm
Last question. I tried to create a filter from song in my drive 2. If I delete the database on my drive 2 the filter is still there. It should disappear but it doesn’t. The only explanation is it’s store in my my main drive. Pl help me to understand.

Posted Sat 20 Mar 21 @ 11:33 pm
Filters are indeed stored on local drive.
You find these in /documents/virtualdj/folders/

Posted Sun 21 Mar 21 @ 12:37 am
The easiest way I found is just to copy the original VDJ folder into the new computer where it should reside.

Posted Fri 29 Dec 23 @ 12:41 pm