Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Crazy question about resizing

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Maximizing the main window why do VDJ skin engine resizes background image to fit in the screen
and resizes the skin elements to fit ... screen width keeping original skin ratio ?
- background image is adapted to screen
- script elements are truncated

as a result ... no skin element match position and size of the background
If both were using same resize mode (preferably "resize to fit" like the image does) everything would be ok
but keeping skin ratio would work too (with elements out of the usable screen as they currently are, but they would match image) - can be useful with multiscreen one on top of the other
thus a third mode would be really usefull with multiscreen side by side: resize keeping skin ratio but height base instead of width

And finally why not a simple resize without taking care of skin ratio, just adapt to desktop width & height not screen related..
maybe just the biggest rectangle area with no dead zone, in a way not to use external projectors / screens (VDJ actually do uses them wrongly in some case)

Posted Mon 01 Mar 21 @ 8:00 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Not sure I understand. Most skins use a background image and have elements on top, and they resize in the same way so they stay aligned.

Posted Tue 02 Mar 21 @ 3:40 am
Not really

the fact is they workaround the problem or inhibit it or are not often subject to
when ratio is the same this can't be seen easily, that's why most use 16:9
some other inhibit background and redraw everything (i.e.:default ^^)
really visible in other i.e.: Simple Touch
but with a custom skin this is really flagrant (I fixed the 1225x1050 skin) and tried to create 1080x1920 skin

it's most of the time just using fullscreen, not when resizing
instead of resizing image to match skin the image resize to fit in screen horizontally and vertically
but the skin itself resizes for width to match display and honor some breaklines to get elements unresized giving desynchronized display

Posted Tue 02 Mar 21 @ 5:44 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I'm pretty sure the background resizes keeping aspect ratio as well. Only between the break lines it is indeed stretched vertically to allow for different aspect ratios

Posted Tue 02 Mar 21 @ 6:21 am
In fact i think you touch the point and found one reason:
The image does not keep aspect ratio at all or respect breaklines, it fully fills the screen instead
it stretch vertically not to allow but to DISALLOW other aspects ratio ^^
The skin itself keeps its aspect ratio taking care of breaklines and NOT stretched vertically in this case but is expended vertically out of display and truncated to

this is what gives these big empty areas everywhere in most skins when ratio is not respected

Posted Tue 02 Mar 21 @ 2:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)