Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ 2021 and DDJ 1000

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I recently downloaded VDJ 2021 and tried using it with my Pioneer DDJ 1000. I immediately began to have problems with my hot cues. When I load a song that has existing hot cues created with VDJ 2020 the cue pads never light up. I am also unable to go to that cue point by pressing the button. There is literally no response. The only way I can get any response to the hot cues is to press the shift + hot cue buttons which turns my hot cue button to yellow. When I try to create a cue point it creates it but also creates a 4 bar loop. If I go back and load VDJ 2020 or Rekordbox the hot cues act normally. Am I missing something or is this a bug? I am using windows 10 for my OS and DDJ 1000 drivers and firmware are all up to date.

Posted Tue 19 Jan 21 @ 5:44 pm
Can you try to rename your settings.xml file to sttings_old.xml and try again ?
Most likely you either messed with the factory mapping, or with the pad page assignments.
If renaming settings.xml solves your issue let us know so that we can later investigate further and help you restore your original settings file back and fix your issue.

Posted Tue 19 Jan 21 @ 6:43 pm
Sorry I couldn't reply to your suggestion sooner. I did as you asked and renamed the settings file so that a new file would be created. That did clear the issue. The strange thing is that I hadn't made any changes to any of my settings prior to this issue starting. My question is, since vdj 2020 and vdj 2021 are both installed on my laptop, and they both appear to use the same settings.xml file, why was the hot cue issue present only when I loaded vdj 2021? But in any event, thank you for the help on this issue. The help is greatly appreciated.

Posted Wed 20 Jan 21 @ 8:05 pm

Posted Wed 20 Jan 21 @ 8:42 pm
ciao a tutti. Ho VDJ 2021 con licenza pro infinity,installata su MacBook Pro 13/ 2020, con disco. ssd da 500 e 16 giga di ram.
Il mio problema consiste negli Hotcues.
Creo una sottocartella di CAMPIONATORE e inserisco dei jingle e basi, ma purtroppo sul controller il primo tasto Hotcues in alto a sinistra non risponde, pero sul display del pc risulta occupata. Questo succede solo quando creo una cartella da richiamare come Sampler, mentre per gli hot cue che inserisco su un brano, il primo tasto a sinistra funziona benissimo

Posted Thu 21 Jan 21 @ 6:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)