Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Deck A is slightly louder than Deck B - Page: 1
Virtual Dj 8 with Pioneer DDj SX-3. its always like this and im sure there is a setting I hit that I cannot find. please help

Posted Mon 27 Apr 20 @ 9:02 pm
The only thing I can see happening here is that the gain is different on both decks..either on the controller itself or in the software..u may want to check the autogain options in the settings page...with auto and auto and remember being the more likely choices...also are u playing the same song on both decks? Or different songs...each mp3 has different gain levels..vdj's autogain feature tries to ensure that all tracks play at a similar decibel level

Posted Wed 29 Apr 20 @ 4:08 am
Also, make sure your FILTER knobs on your Controller are centered. They can easily be overlooked.

Posted Wed 29 Apr 20 @ 7:02 am
Dj Pari M wrote :
The only thing I can see happening here is that the gain is different on both decks..either on the controller itself or in the software..u may want to check the autogain options in the settings page...with auto and auto and remember being the more likely choices...also are u playing the same song on both decks? Or different songs...each mp3 has different gain levels..vdj's autogain feature tries to ensure that all tracks play at a similar decibel level

same song, I wouldn't test this with different songs that's just not smart. and to the other guy yes my gains are centered. its a setting issue I know it is

Posted Thu 30 Apr 20 @ 7:26 pm
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Thu 30 Apr 20 @ 7:47 pm
Is your VDJ audio config set as per setup guide?

You only mention A and B. What about decks C and D? Did you check for any difference there?

What happens if you swap channels (so play deck 1 through channels 3 & 4 and deck 2 through channels 1 & 2)?

How are you telling that there's a difference? Are you hearing it or seeing it on the meters?

Posted Thu 30 Apr 20 @ 9:43 pm

not making a difference, screenshotted my audio settings

Posted Thu 30 Apr 20 @ 9:50 pm
groovindj wrote :
Is your VDJ audio config set as per setup guide?

You only mention A and B. What about decks C and D? Did you check for any difference there?

What happens if you swap channels (so play deck 1 through channels 3 & 4 and deck 2 through channels 1 & 2)?

How are you telling that there's a difference? Are you hearing it or seeing it on the meters?

I am going to admit that I do not understand all this, and thank you for showing me the sx3 preferred settings.

however its doing it with laptop only as well, here is my audio settings

Posted Thu 30 Apr 20 @ 9:53 pm
What's not making a difference? Those pics are too small to make out your settings.

Please - you don't need to make multiple posts. Just edit the one you made previously. Also there's no need to quote everything when the post is just above yours.

Posted Thu 30 Apr 20 @ 9:55 pm
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
@ contraduction

for the screenshot, just press the keys on the keyboard
Windows + Shift + S
and you're the party to post on the forum

Posted Thu 30 Apr 20 @ 9:57 pm
groovindj wrote :
What's not making a difference? Those pics are too small to make out your settings.

Please - you don't need to make multiple posts. Just edit the one you made previously. Also there's no need to quote everything when the post is just above yours.

click to zoom in

I made the adjustments and there is change

Posted Thu 30 Apr 20 @ 10:05 pm
Even zoomed they’re too small.

What adjustments? Just now you said that something didn’t make a difference. Now you say there is change. You’ve lost me...

Posted Thu 30 Apr 20 @ 10:12 pm
groovindj wrote :
Even zoomed they’re too small.

What adjustments? Just now you said that something didn’t make a difference. Now you say there is change. You’ve lost me...

the adjustments everybody have said, checked the gain knobs, checked auto auto gain in options,

this big enough?

Posted Fri 01 May 20 @ 8:40 pm
OK I can see it now, thanks.

You said you were using VDJ with the SX3, but you don't have the SX3 selected for auido output.

The other thing I noticed is that you've got deck 1 and master going to the same output channels. That's why deck 1 is louder than deck 2.

When using the SX3, if you had simply chosen the option offered by VDJ when the SX3 is connected (the one that's in the setup guide), none of this would have been necessary.

Posted Fri 01 May 20 @ 8:54 pm
Also you either don't have the SX3 connected or you haven't installed the drivers.

Normally we would expect to see an SX3 button in the centre section of the audio panel.

Posted Fri 01 May 20 @ 9:10 pm
Yes, the last audio configurations are set to the Realtek sound card on his computer, not Pioneer drivers.

Posted Sat 02 May 20 @ 5:47 am
N.B. when using an 'external mixer' audio config, with each deck going to a separate audio output, you don't need a master as well.

Posted Sat 02 May 20 @ 7:40 am
ok all, it seems removing the master out of audio options seemed to work on the laptop only side of things. haven't hooked up the controller yet but ill play with it, I never understood the channels. I clicked random stuff till it started playing and mixing right.

I just kinda thought you had to have a master to mix with headphones, im not really sure.

thx guys

Posted Fri 08 May 20 @ 2:35 pm
There are default settings for all plug & play controllers, so you shouldn't have to mess with anything.

Posted Fri 08 May 20 @ 3:39 pm
I know this thread is two years old, but I have the same issue only that this happens without any controller connected.

The two sliders in VirtualDJ are at 75% with the same song and same VST activated which is LoudMax plug-in with identical settings and as a matter of fact, the level indicators of the plug-in reflect the issue doesn't matter the volume in the external mixer, so I know for a fact that Deck 2 is quieter than Deck 1 from origin.
If I turn down the volume completely, the plug-in keeps registering the input as is fed directly from the deck which shows the discrepancy in power, so the mixer has nothing to do with it.

As you can see, there isn't fancy settings on audio, just virtual dj sending to an analog external mixer.

Please help with this issue.

Posted Mon 03 Oct 22 @ 10:03 pm
87%