Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Soundswitch Beat Grid Analyze
Question, I use Soundswitch and my tracks had been analyzed and beatgrid created by Serato DJ. Now I use Virtual DJ almost exclusively. But my new tracks when analyzed by Virtual DJ don't have beatgrid on soundswitch. Am I missing a setting or something or does Virtual DJ only create the beatgrid if you have played the track?

Posted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 6:48 pm
The beatgrid is created when it has been analyzed

Posted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 7:16 pm
Obviously you need to instruct SoundSwitch to use VirtualDJ library instead of Serato.
When you do this, the new grid should appear on SoundSwitch.

Unfortunately, while I enjoy working with lighting desks and software, SoundSwitch is one program I gave up after messing around for about an hour.
So I can't help much more...

Posted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 7:41 pm
Same for me too. Just couldn't understand it at all.

Posted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 7:44 pm

Posted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 8:34 pm
Okay don't think your understanding. If I add a track to virtual DJ database. It is not analyzed with a beatgrid. Now then you can analyze for BPM but for some reason after that it does not have a beatgrid according soundswitch. Now if I have played the track threw Virtual DJ or previously analyzed then track in Serato it will have a beatgrid. I was asking if there is a setting or something missing when I analyze for BPM for the reason it does not create a beatgrid at that time. Or will I just have to play every new track for it to have a beatgrid in Virtual DJ.

Posted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 8:53 pm
Djscandal23 wrote :
Okay don't think your understanding. If I add a track to virtual DJ database. It is not analyzed with a beatgrid. Now then you can analyze for BPM but for some reason after that it does not have a beatgrid according soundswitch. Now if I have played the track threw Virtual DJ or previously analyzed then track in Serato it will have a beatgrid. I was asking if there is a setting or something missing when I analyze for BPM for the reason it does not create a beatgrid at that time. Or will I just have to play every new track for it to have a beatgrid in Virtual DJ.

Ah ok, understood. Not entirely sure why that is ..

But a likely reasons is perhaps that Soundswitch imported when you started up Soundswitch, from the VirtualDJ database that then had no grid for that song.
So when you analyze the song in VirtualDJ after this, Soundswitch will not re-import the database non-stop .. to check if anything changed.
Only while when you drop the song to deck, Soundswitch fetches the data for that song again, and now it has grid.

You can test this, by analyzing a bunch of songs that are new with missing grids in Soundswitch, and then close down both programs and reopen (without having played the songs, just analyzed them). If they then appear with full grid in both ;-)

Posted Sun 05 Apr 20 @ 8:59 pm
Just to clarify something:
1) When a song gets added to database it does not get automatically scanned, yes. Therefore it doesn't have a grid, yes.
2) When you scan a song (BPM analyze) it does get a grid. Period. You don't need to play it, or do anything else for it.
3) When you load a song that it doesn't have been analyzed before on a deck it gets automatically analyzed. Therefore it gets a grid as soon as it gets loaded (maybe just a few seconds after to be precise). You don't need to play the track. Just loading it on a deck analyzes it.
That's for VirtualDJ program.
From that point onward, it's how SoundSwitch reads Grid Information from VirtualDJ.

Question:
1) How do you tell that a track has been analyzed or not ?
2) Please note that VirtualDJ does not save changes to it's database (the database.xml file) instantly. It caches changes and updates the file in frequent intervals when the cache is full, or when the program shuts down. Depending on how SoundSwitch tries to read the beatgrid data from VirtualDJ it is possible that it won't be able to get the "new" data on the fly.

Posted Tue 07 Apr 20 @ 12:01 pm
Does you have in VDJ the os2L in Options activate (yes or auto?)?

Does the Bounjour Network Service run,an the VDJ Logo in SoundSwitch ist Grey filled and the Blue dot lighting ?

Bonjour for Windows :
https://support.apple.com/kb/DL999?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Have not my SoundSwitch installed,cant not look but a Great help is the SoundSwitch User Group on Facebook too:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/171593393400494

Connect VDJ 2018 with Soundswitch ,think with VDJ 2020 is the self:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_ICHr4EcXs

greatings,Dirk

Posted Tue 07 Apr 20 @ 12:22 pm
vlnjacki wrote :
Does the Bounjour Network Service run

This one should be highlighted
I've until recently routinely turned that off on my laptops, thinking it's some of the bloatware iTunes brings along, and was primarily used to connect iPods back in the day
But yes - that need to run to make VDJ talk to SoundSwitch (at least on windows)
That took me a while to figure out :)

Posted Tue 07 Apr 20 @ 2:02 pm
I thought Bonjour was only needed for VDJ Remote.

Posted Tue 07 Apr 20 @ 2:07 pm
Bonjour often Need for OS2Light DMX Software we Soundswitch and Freestyler OS2Light Bridge ,Sunlite Suite,VDJ Remote and so on.

Posted Tue 07 Apr 20 @ 3:27 pm
Okay now I get it.
Thanks guys for the help

Posted Wed 08 Apr 20 @ 1:04 pm
OK ,good for The Backanswer😉
Good That this goes now

Posted Wed 08 Apr 20 @ 1:43 pm
Good evening. Did you manage to sort out why all tracks didn't show up with a bpn? Im having the same problem.

Posted Thu 26 May 22 @ 6:33 pm
Djscandal23 wrote :
Question, I use Soundswitch and my tracks had been analyzed and beatgrid created by Serato DJ. Now I use Virtual DJ almost exclusively. But my new tracks when analyzed by Virtual DJ don't have beatgrid on soundswitch. Am I missing a setting or something or does Virtual DJ only create the beatgrid if you have played the track?

Did you manage to solve what the issue was? Im having the same problem. Thanks!

Posted Thu 26 May 22 @ 6:39 pm
Seems to corrupt my database everytime I install the software.

Posted Tue 31 May 22 @ 5:22 pm