Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Lag Glitch

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ddhandbHome userMember since 2019
Anyone else had this problem with VDJ? I had it with 8 and now with 2020. Everything generally works perfectly other than almost every night some random track will suddenly glitch. Like about every 10 seconds or so it will lag by about half a second. It never happened with VDJ 2020 until last weekend then it hit twice, totally random. When I play the next track the glitch is gone. Really pissing me off cos it sounds terrible when it happens

Posted Wed 11 Mar 20 @ 11:56 am
Usually it's either a driver (which doesn't have to have anything to do with audio), or something else taking up resources on your laptop at the time

A first step could be to use a DPC Latency Checker to find out what is causing resource problems when it happens

Posted Wed 11 Mar 20 @ 12:10 pm
Thanks for the reply. I don't think it's other resources as when I'm using it I don't use anything else and as I say, it only seems to happen with one random song.

Posted Wed 11 Mar 20 @ 12:18 pm
Grok32Home userMember since 2019
I have occasionally seen this but only after the software has been running for some time. Closing the software and re-starting fixes it for me.

Posted Wed 11 Mar 20 @ 1:27 pm
Restarting it isn't an option for me in the middle of a gig but if I get the opportunity at any point I'll give that a shot. To be honest though this shouldn't even be a thing

Posted Wed 11 Mar 20 @ 1:40 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Wed 11 Mar 20 @ 1:59 pm
What computer are you running (make, model, spec)?

Aside from the computer, are you using any additional equipment (audio interface, controller)?

By the way, you need a Pro license to be doing gigs with VDJ...

Posted Wed 11 Mar 20 @ 5:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)