Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Crashing Issues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Having been a virtual DJ user for many years, I'm now losing faith with Virtual DJ 2020. This is only when playing videos. I'm a video DJ, so not new to this. VDJ crashed on be twice last night in front of a 500 strong audience and over the past few months since using 2020, at least 30 times. Playing audio files its ok, but when a video is playing and you goto one of the menu's on the UI, the drop downs freeze and VDJ crashes out then reloads. After loading the database becomes un usable, have to restart VDJ completely. The same thing also happens when loading videos, never the same videos. At first I thought a hard drive problem, so repalced with new ones. Still happens. Maybe laptop, tried a different laptop, still happens. What is going on?

Posted Sun 02 Feb 20 @ 2:48 pm
I'm also a video DJ and have no issues. Is it crashing on specific files? Are you online so the crash report is sent back to Atomix?

Posted Sun 02 Feb 20 @ 2:59 pm
I'm a Video DJ also, please answer these questions.

1. I assume it's PC since you said laptop. Windows 10?
2. Which build # of VDJ? Which version 32 or 64 bit?
3. Which video card are you using on both laptops, drivers, and firmware up to date?
4. Which version worked for you?
5. Are you using the latest version of DirectX?

You don't want to hear this, but stop using video until you get this solved. You wouldn't use any other piece of equipment that you knew could fail multiple times a night.

Posted Sun 02 Feb 20 @ 7:07 pm
Well the problem I was experencing was on 2 laptops, but now sorted. Both laptops have had VDJ installed on them for the past 3 years and have gone through various operating system upgrades. Win 8 to Win 10, Virtual DJ 2018 to 2020. The last majour thing and when problems started was with VDJ2020, the one thing that never changed was the options and settings. After posting yesterday, I did a reset to factory default and to my surprise the UI started behaving correctly. Through a process of elimination I found that it was the setting for VideoForceFullScreen. A long time ago I had been told to have that set to 1 instead of 0, well it appears setting it to 1 cuases a stability issue. I've gone through the set that I played Saturday night and have not manage to get VDJ to crash. So fingers crossed. That said, I have managed to get through nights without it crashing before, though the UI is better.

Posted Mon 03 Feb 20 @ 10:48 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)