Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crossfader stops working during live performance

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Well, the good news is that this problem gives you a little time to take evassive action.

Problem Summary
=============
After loading and cueing a track via headphone, there is no output when you fade to the song.

Detail
====
Here's the scenario during my last club gig. After 2 hours there is a packed dancefloor, I search for the next track as I normally do, double click on it to load it up on deck 2, set pitch and am happy with how the mix sounds in the headphone cue, I wait for the right time to start mix with fader, wait, there is problem, the track on deck 2 cannot be heard in the output, darn it, I can still hear it in the headphone cue.... shit, I'm screwed, I bail out to the CD player.

I am wondering what the hell happened ! I saw this problem once before on my desktop at home, but just chalked it up to bad luck on the desktop. But now it has happened on my trusty laptop which is dedicated to vDJ running on XP.

Also, I tried everything while the CD players were going to see if I could get the sound to come to the live output from deck 2, nothing worked. Tried loading other songs onto the deck, reselect the Sound Config under settings etc., Also noted that the VU meters continued to register sound. One thing fixed it right away: close and restart vDJ.

Any ideas anyone ? I will send a copy of this to support and see what they say.

Posted Mon 03 Nov 03 @ 6:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)