Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer XDJ-XZ All-in-One - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Posted Tue 05 Nov 19 @ 7:38 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Thu 06 Feb 20 @ 5:49 pm[ selected best answer by djdad on Thu 06 Feb 20 @ 5:50 pm ]
It's interesting
But I can already tell that I would need to sell my house to be able to afford that.
Listing price will probably be right around a million dollars. Plus taxes

Posted Tue 05 Nov 19 @ 8:55 am
They can have my house :D

Posted Tue 05 Nov 19 @ 9:06 am
Looks like a render, but would be a great upgrade for my RX.

Was looking at the 1000 a couple of months back, but lack of USB key support is a non starter for me, so will wait for something like this to come out instead.

Posted Wed 06 Nov 19 @ 3:31 pm
Well Apple manage to sell lots of average kit at super prices because it looks cool. Sadly Pioneer are the same.

Their only direct competition is the Denon Prime 4 which isn't exactly setting the world on fire .... Engine Prime is currently like windows 3.1

Posted Wed 06 Nov 19 @ 5:07 pm
Mr DJ Mel wrote :
Looks like a render...

It is.. As stated in the text. They think it could be something like that, but we will have to wait.... Pioneer removed the XDJ-XZ link from the website, but you can still find it in Google's history pages :)

Posted Wed 06 Nov 19 @ 9:46 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Well Apple manage to sell lots of average kit at super prices because it looks cool......

Yes indeed. My co-worker bought the new iPhone 11 Pro or something like that... 1200 Euro's !!! I asked him why... His answer was: "Because this is the newest model...."

kradcliffe wrote :
Their only direct competition is the Denon Prime 4 which isn't exactly setting the world on fire .... Engine Prime is currently like windows 3.1

I really like the futures/possibility the Denon has. Also pricing is much more friendly, but it's the bad Engine software everyone is talking about. I even see people returning their Denon's to buy Pioneer gear because the Engine Software is apparently not doing what is needed....

Posted Wed 06 Nov 19 @ 9:54 pm
My hardware supplier told me it will be officially launched Tuesday, november 12th.
Probably great news for the Serato and Rekordbox users ...
Guessing VDJ will not be supported so we will have to wait for some months until it's usable with VDJ (I strongly hope I am wrong on this).
And for the use of the USB sticks (use in stand alone mode with only USB sticks or for backup purposes) I guess we will have to convert our collection to Rekordbox (again, I strongly hope I am wrong on this too).

Would be nice (GREAT) if it would be possible to export (or convert) VDJ collection and/or playlists to use on Denon Prime 4 (can be used with Serato, Rekordbox, Engine (and Traktor collection can be converted to Engine, so Traktor users are also able to work seamless with the Prime 4). Sadly, no conversion from VDJ) or the new coming Pioneer XDJ XZ (also only for Rekordbox and Serato ?).
Up to now, if we want to jump on the pro-stand-alone-midi controller train, we are being forced to jump ship because VDJ seems to be left out in all cases ...

Shouldn't Atomix anticipate on this evolution and provide some kind of converter so VDJ collection (including metadata (que-points, beatgrids, loops)) and playlists can be used on these systems ? (Talk to/collaborate with Mix Master G of the DJ CU (ATGR) to implement this in VDJ?)
Or even better, collaborate with the high-end (Pro) hardware manufacturers if VDJ wants to stay in the game ...

I personally don't believe that stand-alone controllers are completely gonna wipe out DJ software being used on laptops or tablets. The screens on the latest controllers are simply to small to work with for a longer period of time (especially for mobile DJ's, with several hour sets (average 5 or 6 hours)). And to keep the controllers compact and easy to transport, I don't think it's a good idea to make them larger (and heavier) by adding a bigger screen.
If I have the choice of a 13 inch, 15 inch or (in my case) 17 inch laptop instead of a 10 inch or even smaller controller screen, I would always choose the bigger screen.
I simply have a better overall view on a bigger screen and it works smoother and easier.
But for backup purposes or smaller (shorter) venue's, it's nice to have the possibility the work with only USB sticks.
It also gives a big reassurance when you have a backup at your fingertips (should something go wrong with the laptop/collection).

Just my 2 cents :-)

Posted Sat 09 Nov 19 @ 11:17 pm
A photo of it (allegedly) has appeared online...

Posted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 8:17 am
This looks really loaded with all options the djm and cdj have. For VDJ I hope their xdj rx mapping can be used to map this big guy.

Posted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 8:34 am
That looks fake and I would guess the screen will be larger and a touchscreen like the Prime 4

Posted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 12:32 pm
Well here's another shot of the same thing. Still fake?

I'm just wondering if we can put a hard drive inside...

Posted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 12:49 pm
That looks better :)

Posted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 2:08 pm
It looks as if only channels 3 & 4 have input selection switches, so my guess is that the standalone USB playback is restricted to channels 1 & 2, then you can select line/phono/computer (for software) on 3 & 4.

Not quite as versatile as the Prime 4, but then probably not as bug-ridden either. :-)

Posted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 2:30 pm
But the Prime 4 doesn't allow mixing between sources apparently. Not like the MCX8000 does.

You need to be in the source you want then switch over everything. They can't be selected separately which is a major flaw.

Posted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 4:26 pm

Posted Mon 11 Nov 19 @ 12:58 pm
I waited for the real thing, because all pictures could be rendered, but I still don't see an USB port for a USB stick? I do see 2 USB ports for connecting PC but not a USB stick input? Pioneer always has a USB stick input on top of their devices...
So this could be a very expensive controller? Instead of a stand-alone?

Posted Mon 11 Nov 19 @ 1:02 pm
link is dead it seems, someone was talking before his turn I think ;-)
Official launch is tomorrow.
When I looked the first time on the site of Musikhaus, it was priced 2.299 euro.
Than priced disappeared and now link is dead.

Posted Mon 11 Nov 19 @ 1:16 pm
Haha just watched the link a few seconds ago and now it's removed indeed... I think someone is losing it's Pioneer dealer license ;)

Posted Mon 11 Nov 19 @ 1:18 pm
Before link was death ;-) I saw 2 USB inputs in the upper right corner (just like on the RX2)

Posted Mon 11 Nov 19 @ 1:22 pm
16%