Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Thanks Locodog

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Well loco helped me get the default skin to my preference.but need a little more help. I probably bugged locodog to death..drove him to drink. Lol
So my last request,
1. How do I replace the cover art with the smart video cover art?
2. How do I add the skin to the layout drop down list? If it's possible?

Posted Mon 04 Nov 19 @ 10:55 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Skin [as sent] has the name "performance.xml"
you'll need to change the xml saved name, then add into this group with the new name, [you'll have to do all skin variations]
<group name="layout_options"

extra, with the split waves you'd be better with setting waveformCentre left

Posted Mon 04 Nov 19 @ 11:08 pm
You know I need step by step I don't know what centerwave means...lol
Is the video cover art possible.

Posted Mon 04 Nov 19 @ 11:50 pm
2 probably, not sure how.
1 its a setting, not a skin thing

Posted Tue 05 Nov 19 @ 12:17 am
I'm borking it up lol...how bout I send it to you and you add this last part.
Starter
Essentials
Pro
Performance
Performance Pro
Is how I'm trying to have the menu.

Posted Tue 05 Nov 19 @ 3:21 am
Loco was able to add smart video. Thanks for ignoring me. It made me find a way.
Gonna try to make more changes...

Posted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 4:19 am
Not ignoring, I just didn't know myself. But happy for you figuring it :). That's how I learnt - a little demo first, then try stuff. Once you get the hang of one thing, read the skin wiki for that bit, then the wiki becomes easier to understand.
Did you figure adding your variation to the skin select drop down? [was going to try myself but I forgot]

Also post your work in progress pics, maybe inspire others to level up from passively wishing/requesting to actively DIY.

Posted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 5:05 am
No. When I mad those changes. I did see performance pro but it replaced performance instead of adding. Also it would have check marks on performance pro and pro. So I just went back to the initial drop down without performance pro.

Posted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 5:12 am
I'll take a look at that as I'm curious myself. Out of general practice though I'd have gone with different name, something like "Split" instead of combining 2 existing names. [a bit long as it is]
I'll see what I find.

Posted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 5:52 am
Do I have to copy the png or just let it use the same.

Posted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 6:52 am
If you're talking about the preview you may as well do that when you're finished everything else.
I haven't tried this yet but looking at it you've got the name to change in the first line.

Then for your skin, the drop down should look like this

<menu tooltip="SKIN LAYOUT\nSelect the layout adapted to your mixing style">
<pos x="+50" y="+0"/>
<size width="133" height="27"/>
<text dx="10" width="100" fontsize="11" weight="" color="textoff3" colorover="textover" align="left" text="YOURSKIN_NAME" localize="true" important="true"/>
<icon dx="50" dy="-1" sysicon="chevrondown" height="17" width="17" color="textdark" colorover="textover" colordown="texton"/>
<item text="CONTROLLER LE SKIN" localize="true" action="load_skin '{LE}'" visibility="load_skin '{LE}'" />
<item text="STARTER" localize="true" action="load_skin ':Starter'" />
<item text="ESSENTIALS" localize="true" action="load_skin ':Essentials'"/>
<item text="PRO" localize="true" action="load_skin ':Pro'" />
<item text="PERFORMANCE" localize="true" action="load_skin ':Performance'"/>
<item text="YOURSKIN_NAME" localize="true" action="load_skin" check="true"/>
<separator/>

And for completeness to sort out the skin select via settings, you'd have to add to the .order file [just open the the file as text]

Starter
Essentials
Pro
Performance
YOURSKIN_NAME
! Vertical

That should be your skin, then you're adding this to the other variations skinlayout menu

<item text="YOURSKIN_NAME" localize="true" action="load_skin ':YOURSKIN_NAME'"/>

and I think that's it.

Posted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 7:53 am
When you say to add to other variations you mean in their XML file or within this one?

Posted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 6:49 pm
The others, if you're going to switch back and forth between skin variations within the 2020 zip file.

If you're only going to use that one version, you could just separate it out into its own zip or folder.

Posted Sun 10 Nov 19 @ 7:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)