Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: help to make a skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have looked, googled etc... and I can't find anyone to help me make a skin for me as I cannot figure out how to use the editor and there doesn't seem to be any really good tutorials out there.

Where would I go to find someone who could do this for me?

And, does anyone know of a really good tutorial on Youtube for editing a skin?

Thanks!

Posted Thu 31 Oct 19 @ 12:41 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It depends on what you want, usually a mspaint mockup shows people what you're thinking.
As for learning, start small, first recolour some text, then move it / resize it. Once that sinks in it starts making sense.

Posted Thu 31 Oct 19 @ 3:33 pm

Posted Thu 31 Oct 19 @ 4:46 pm
I wish there was a "marketplace" where I could hire someone to do it.

I just don't have the developer side to me - so when I go to that link - it looks like a foreign language to me.

Posted Fri 01 Nov 19 @ 10:56 pm
There is a "marketplace" right inside the software, with 100s of skins to download - all for free :)

Posted Fri 01 Nov 19 @ 11:14 pm
What requirements do you have that are not covered by any existing skins?

The "Skin Builder" by djdad is very easy to use (it runs like a skin inside VDJ). Give it a try!

Posted Sat 02 Nov 19 @ 8:16 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
DJMixxx007 wrote :
where I could hire someone to do it.

locodog wrote :
It depends on what you want, usually a mspaint mockup shows people what you're thinking.

Posted Sat 02 Nov 19 @ 9:39 am
The "Skin Builder" by djdad is very easy to use (it runs like a skin inside VDJ). Give it a try![/quote]

Thank you for that - I have tried it and to be honest with you - without a tutorial, I feel completely lost with it.

What I have found is that I like different elements from different skins.

So, for instance, I like the Silversleek 3 Beats meter with bars - but I don't like the jog wheel - I am coming from Serato DJ and I like the BPM in the center of my jog wheel with time remaining of the track.

I also like the CBG counter on the top of the screen of the VDJ Dark but I like my waveforms in the middle of the deck.

There are also buttons that I like using that I don't find Sandbox, Tap, Deck Eject, and the Record Buttons and there is a certain skin I like for editing my tracks before I load them.

So I find I like certain skins, but no skin has everything the way I want it laid out the way I want it.

Right now I find myself switching between skins - and it's really annoying.

Posted Sat 02 Nov 19 @ 9:57 pm

Posted Tue 05 Nov 19 @ 6:37 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)