Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VirtualDJ not starting up

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

spadz93Home userMember since 2019
I've tried uninstalling (with removing settings etc.), virus scans, windows repair tools (DISM and SFC for those more proficient), different wifi networks (in case something was getting blocked on one network), fresh installs, reboots, but one of three things always happens:

1. VirtualDJ just locks up once I start it. It'll show up on my screen, but once it shows up, it switches to "not responding".

2. VirtualDJ "starts" but only shows in the bottom taskbar, the app itself won't show. Again, "not responding".

3. VirtualDJ will open and close twice in succession, only showing up on the bottom taskbar while doing so.

Running Windows 10, and I'm completely up to date with both Windows updates and VirtualDJ

Posted Tue 17 Sep 19 @ 5:04 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Are you using a controller or external audio device?

Will it start up with no controller or MIDI device or external audio?

If you let it sit for a while - even a few hours - does it come to life? Do you have file date selected in the browser columns?

Posted Tue 17 Sep 19 @ 8:59 pm
spadz93Home userMember since 2019
PhilW wrote :
Are you using a controller or external audio device?

Will it start up with no controller or MIDI device or external audio?

If you let it sit for a while - even a few hours - does it come to life? Do you have file date selected in the browser columns?

I'm trying to connect it without a controller, which it had done with no problems in the past. I let it sit for an hour and it didn't come on. Also now the program won't even open, it's only doing the 3rd option mentioned in my OP

EDIT: got it working. I'm running VirtualDJ off my gaming laptop, which also has MSI Afterburner/Rivatuner statistic server for gaming stuff. Once I killed those apps, VirtualDJ woke right up and worked perfectly

Posted Tue 17 Sep 19 @ 9:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)