Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Sound glitches

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Guys I'm getting VDJ glitching and freezing every 40min or so. Tried drivers, sample rates, external sound cards, been running with the same setup for a couple of years now and it's only been the last 2 gigs it's happened. I've been at it for 8 hours and my nut is fried, any friendly suggestions? I have no external influences like midi controllers or external sound cards connected and it's still glitching on me.

I'ts either the internal hardware of my laptop or after a recent VDJ update there's a setting that needs to be changed. Other media players aren't show the same problem, however that's not to say I haven't ran the other programs long enough for it to present itself.

Would an outdated skin cause this issue? I've always kept with FRUiT's V8 skin.

Posted Wed 14 Aug 19 @ 4:26 pm
What's the make and spec of your computer? FRUiT's skin is quite a "heavy" one - there's a lof of code because of all the customization etc that it has.

Easy test for that. Try a simpler skin.

It could also just be that your computer needs optimizing. Have you run a latency checker?

Could also be a VDJ audio setting. Because VDJ is so versatile and works with so many different setups, there are a lot of settings to cater for every conceivable possibility. Maybe try changing a few audio options. Also try with a fresh settings.xml file.

Posted Wed 14 Aug 19 @ 4:41 pm
As always, a gentleman and a scholar. My thanks, my head was that scrambled looking for midi and audio conflicts I didn’t check the Dell website. 2 critical updates not installed on my laptop, 1 was the internal audio driver and another was a bios update.

So far so good, my thanks Groovin.

Posted Wed 14 Aug 19 @ 11:31 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)