Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Ultimate Mix Plugin ENDLESS SMILE VST

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Has anyone tried DADA LIFES ENDLESS SMILE VST in VDJ yet?

I believe this would make the ultimate mixing mash up plugin... Turning any part of the song into an instant build up, washing itself out, release next track. Kind of like dub echo transitions on steroids. I'm worried it might be too much for VDJ, what with it emulating reverb, delay, filter and depending on mode a Shepard Tone, all with one knob.

I'm going to try it later today... hopefully others will join in, report results.

Posted Thu 01 Aug 19 @ 2:39 pm
Make a video when you do try it, I’d like to see this action.

Posted Thu 01 Aug 19 @ 3:07 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

It's a filter reverb delay and white noise in one dial

Posted Thu 01 Aug 19 @ 3:25 pm
If anyone is gonna come up with something similar - it'll be the Dawg himself - Mr LocoDog

Posted Thu 01 Aug 19 @ 3:37 pm
YES! IT WORKS!!!

Only disadvantage it has over DUBECHO (ECHODOPPLER) is, when fully clock wise you don't get an infinite loop of the current position. We'd have to stop the track playing with the faders up to get the bleed, end of the effect, before the next phrase of the song you're using it on comes in. With DUBECHO you can leave this seamlessly echoing for as long as the crowd will let you, before slamming in the impact of the next track. This is handy if you were actually mixing first and you need some more bars before the next track explodes. With Endless smile the mix would have to be dead on or the next track Cued at the end.

As an example.
Take the last 16 beats of Insomnia - Calippo RMX before the main riff drops in. Loop the first 4 of this. When Fedde Le Grand Coco's Miracle (Extended Mix (not the club mix)) reaches 2.24 activate DUBECHO (make sure you've grabbed the current BPM first). She sing into an OHHHHH. Quicky increase DUBECHO as the OHHHHH evolves, Insomnia should already be looping under this. The DUBECHO will take the OHHHHH into an infinite loop. Now you can keep this going for as long as you like and the OHHHHH will fade in to the whoosh that introduces the HUGE impact of Insomnia. I normally only did this for 16 as I don't have a good enough crowd to stretch it out. It works with loads of other songs exactly the same.

With Endless Smile you'd have to release on whatever cue you'd predicted, stopping the track, otherwise you'd get unwanted parts in the build up from the next phrase of the song you were mixing out. I'm not sure beat shuffle (skipping back a few bars) would help out here, I'll try that next, Endless Smile might mask the shuffle.

Posted Thu 01 Aug 19 @ 5:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)