Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Window 10

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Microsoft will end mainstream support for Windows 7. Jan, 2020.

I currently uses 32 bit on win 7

Plan to change to Window 10 since I don't use video should I use 32 bit or 64 bit?

What effects that's works in 32 but not in 64 bit?

Posted Tue 23 Jul 19 @ 5:44 pm
Windows 7 PRO 64B to me was the best windows ever made (I being using windows since 3.0) I replaced windows 7 pro 64B with windows 10 PRO 64B and found it to be even better so got with windows 10 pro 64B over the 32B and you won't regret it...Highly recommended it.!!!

Posted Tue 23 Jul 19 @ 8:10 pm
Also unless your PC has less than 3GB RAM (which is too low for modern systems) you should install 64 bit version in order to be able to use all your RAM.

P.S.:
If you have less than 3GB RAM you should definitely upgrade your systems RAM. I would recommend at least 6GB, or (even better) 8GB which would be the optimum solution

Posted Tue 23 Jul 19 @ 9:51 pm
Is there anything we need to do to upgrade VDJ to 64-bit if you are already running 32-bit?

Posted Thu 25 Jul 19 @ 10:15 am
Mr DJ Mel wrote :
Is there anything we need to do to upgrade VDJ to 64-bit if you are already running 32-bit?

its not really a upgrade it installs side by side. Only requirement i know of is 64bit windows.

Posted Thu 25 Jul 19 @ 10:22 am
Thanks WickedMix - knew it would need 64-bit OS just wanted to check whether it was an upgrade, but by the looks of it its just an additional install.

I may give it a go as I've been getting terrible sound quality lately using the W10 32-bit version to see if it resolves it. Most likely it MS patch that has caused the problem but will try and eliminate the VDJ install first.

Posted Thu 25 Jul 19 @ 11:37 am
Windows 10 Pro is fine

The laptop that you have needs to be optimized for Virtual DJ. Its best to have a SSD and at least 8GB of RAM.

Also depending on what controller you user you would need to drivers for your controllers from the controllers website, EG Denon, Pioneer etc

Posted Fri 02 Aug 19 @ 3:43 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
thank you

Posted Sat 03 Aug 19 @ 12:52 am
FDsalsaDJ wrote :
Windows 7 PRO 64B to me was the best windows ever made (I being using windows since 3.0) I replaced windows 7 pro 64B with windows 10 PRO 64B and found it to be even better so got with windows 10 pro 64B over the 32B and you won't regret it...Highly recommended it.!!!

Good to see you have some history with windows versions. So far I have only used Win 10 for one day. This is because someone asked me to repair their computer. It was a complete mess with viruses and crap everywhere... Hated Win 10 that day but of course did not give it a real test. I assume MS gave a free upgrade to Win 10 since they knew that have fallen short with previous versions. Also since you have some history your comments have merit and others have said about the same thing. I am a developer and use Win 7. I still have to develop for XP and all later versions. Win7 can still switch from aero mode to non aero mode. Non aero is similar to XP graphics mode and is good for testing. Win 8 and above has the equivalent of aero on all the time and don't believe you can change that.

Since you mention windows 3.0 just some historical comments. I been using windows since before the first release of Windows 1.03. The first version of windows actually used by the public was like 1.01. This was installed by the first application for windows which was provided by the company I worked for at the time. MS gave us a windows run time so user did not have to have windows installed.. That was the way it was done when no one had windows yet.

When the first Mac came out using the Motorola 68000, it changed everything.

When windows 3 came out using the Intel 386, it changed everything. Finally true multi-tasking, hardware multi-threading. No more memory sandbars which was fantastic just by itself.

About a year after win 3 came out, we are doing apps for both windows and the mac. On the mac we are still dealing with memory sand bars etc. The mac is using the Motorola 9000 (approximate) at the time. Intel greatly surpassed that with the 386. This is probably the primary reason apple started using Intel.

Posted Sat 03 Aug 19 @ 1:28 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)