Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Few questions on undocumented stuff

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I thought I ask in the forum so the info is there for all to see.

1 How do I make a plugin work as a colorfx ? (I tried assigning but the label stays dim)

2 how do I make a slider effect_beats ? (can I have more than 1 per effect)

That's it for now till I think of more.

Posted Tue 23 Jul 19 @ 12:04 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
I think the current sdk download still misses these, but you can add the following to vdjPlugin8.h

#define VDJPARAM_COLORFX 7 //similar to slider, but with default position at 0.5 and only one per effect for single-knob full control
#define VDJPARAM_BEATS 8 //float specifying number of beats
#define VDJPARAM_BEATS_RELATIVE 9 //int, set to +1, -1 etc to move the number of beats higher or lower when OnParameter is called

HRESULT DeclareParameterColorFX(float *parameter, int id, const char *name, const char *shortName) { return cb->DeclareParameter(parameter, VDJPARAM_COLORFX, id, name, shortName, 0.5f); }
HRESULT DeclareParameterBeats(float *parameter, int id, const char *name, const char *shortName) { return cb->DeclareParameter(parameter, VDJPARAM_BEATS, id, name, shortName, 0.5f); }
HRESULT DeclareParameterBeatsRelative(int *parameter, int id, const char *name, const char *shortName) { return cb->DeclareParameter(parameter, VDJPARAM_BEATS_RELATIVE, id, name, shortName, 0.5f); }

The list of color fx (filter_selectcolorfx) is curently hardcoded, so you can't get your plugin in the drop-down yet, but it will probably work specifying the effect
filter_selectcolorfx "myeffect"
Then you just have to monitor the parameter you declared as color fx.

You can add compatibility with effect_beats by declaring some a Beats and BeatsRelative parameter, and then handling these parameters when changed.

Posted Tue 23 Jul 19 @ 1:26 pm
A quiet moment; is there anything to add to the API for things that have recently gone public, mixfx being an example?

Posted Tue 24 Sep 19 @ 10:17 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
MixFX are similar to Color Fx, so a custom one will currently not show up in the list yet, and you'd have to select it by name yourself.
#define VDJPARAM_TRANSITIONFX 12
HRESULT DeclareParameterTransitionFX(float *parameter, int id) { return cb->DeclareParameter(parameter, VDJPARAM_TRANSITIONFX, id, "Transition FX", "Trans", 0.f); }

The transition effect is applied to both decks. It will move from 1 to 0 on the deck mixing from, and from 0 to 1 on the deck mixing to.

Posted Tue 24 Sep 19 @ 10:29 am
Thanks for that, I think this might make for some interesting things.

Posted Tue 24 Sep 19 @ 10:45 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)