Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Decks load up with another pitch key

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Need help can’t seem to fix this issue but sometimes when I load a new track it loads under another key, I’ve Tried taken smart pitch off and the issue still happens also used two different mixers kontrol z2 and akai amx as well as my reloop beatpad 2 and the same issue keeps happening any help would be great appreciated

- DjSelfStylez

Posted Fri 05 Jul 19 @ 1:15 am
Turn autokey option off

Posted Fri 05 Jul 19 @ 6:36 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Turn autokey option off

I checked it was off ......

I seen audioAutoDetect was on ..... should I turn that off ?

Posted Sat 06 Jul 19 @ 10:33 pm
No. That's irrelevant

Posted Sun 07 Jul 19 @ 12:48 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
No. That's irrelevant

Oh ok ..... any other suggestions?

Posted Sun 07 Jul 19 @ 11:15 am
Maybe the track is just being re-analyzed.

If the track was added to the VDJ database a while ago, it could have been analyzed with the old method - so when you load it onto a deck in the latest VDJ version, the track gets re-scanned and the key changes (gets corrected). In this case, the new key is more accurate.

Posted Sun 07 Jul 19 @ 11:23 am
groovindj wrote :
Maybe the track is just being re-analyzed.

If the track was added to the VDJ database a while ago, it could have been analyzed with the old method - so when you load it onto a deck in the latest VDJ version, the track gets re-scanned and the key changes (gets corrected). In this case, the new key is more accurate.

It took like 3 days but i analyzed my whole library and still same issue 🤦🏽‍♂️ I love VDJ but can’t use it ..... i really wanna use this software so I can use my Kontrol z2 I’ve been rocking off of an Akai Amx and using Serato .....

Posted Thu 25 Jul 19 @ 4:19 pm
Have you checked if;

smartPlay is off?

autoBPMMatch is off?

Posted Thu 25 Jul 19 @ 4:25 pm
Please provide more detail...

You say this happens "sometimes" - so what are the circumstances? Does the key change when all other decks are empty, or only when there's another track loaded? What does it change to - the same key as a track on another deck, or random?

Is the pitch (BPM) changing, or just the key?

Is it repeatable - when you load the same track again later, does it still change? To the same key or a different one?

Once it's loaded and changed, if you set it back to the right key, presumably it stays?

Posted Thu 25 Jul 19 @ 4:28 pm
It’s all random and it won’t let me set it to the key of the other deck ..... bpm is the same it’s the the key that changes

Posted Sun 25 Aug 19 @ 11:38 am
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
But does it happen if no other decks have songs loaded?

Posted Sun 25 Aug 19 @ 3:12 pm
No, it only dose it when I have two of the same tracks loaded then change the pitch ..... so if I have both turntables pitch up or down the keys will be different Evan if the pitches are the same, but if both decks are on +/-0 its fine. And it dose this with all my controllers I’ve tried to use my reloop best pad and it has the same issue it’s very aggravating

Posted Sun 22 Sep 19 @ 3:05 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)