Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: linein controls

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

J J ZrnPRO InfinityMember since 2019
What would be the command to toggle the linein on and off like i can do with the mic?. For the mic, i use my keyboard quick key and use "mic while pressed".....works perfect!!..however, for "linein" its not working....I put the mic to a deck so i can use the effect keys.....i have tried other ways but to no avail...so I thought i would put the question out here..thanks for any help..:)

Posted Sat 22 Jun 19 @ 6:36 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you want to route a Mic input (included in your VirtualDJ Audio Setup), to a Deck you can use the action.. linein 'mic' (you may have to add a deck though if you use keyboard or else it will be routed to the default deck), so try deck 1 linein 'mic'
But if its Effects the reason you need to use a Deck, then you may find this Pad page useful .. http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?category=pads&search=mic which offers you Effects on Mic without routing to a Deck

Posted Sun 23 Jun 19 @ 2:10 am
Thanks for your input!..:)..the main objective im attempting to achieve is to give the mic, via the deck (aux /linein), a "while_pressed" button (mapped controller).

Posted Sun 23 Jun 19 @ 2:29 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Not sure if ... linein 'mic' while_pressed ... will work, probably not, so best would be to not route Mic to a Deck, use mic while_pressed as you already do, and the above Pads page to apply Effects on Mic.
If you still need some keyboard/shortcuts for the Mic Effects, you can open the Mic FX Pad page in Editor and see the assigned actions on the Pads. Its not the Pad page that will add Effects on your Mic, its the VDJ verbs there, the Page is mostly useful to see which effect is selected for the Mic FX slot.

Posted Sun 23 Jun 19 @ 2:47 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
this may be wrong but comes from trial & fail & some doc

In fact lineins can be many and going to any internal channel or deck
strangely 'mic' act as a real deck as well as 'sample' and 'master'

when you specify "mic while pressed" you mute/unmute the real deck 'mic'

"linein" is a routing verb you can only activate/toggle any of the existing lineins declared in settings on a deck
"linein 1" will toggle line 1 on default deck

to perform what you want you need to use the button status up/down:

down ? linein 1 on : linein 1 off

you may specify a deck unless you want it to replace the track in the default deck

down ? deck 3 linein 1 on : deck 3 linein 1 off

Posted Sun 23 Jun 19 @ 2:47 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
for mic effect : "effect_select 'mic'" opens the effect selector popup for the mic
this command have to be used standalone, seems not to work fine in scripts
as well as the other special decks 'sampler' and 'master'
internal ID - plugin development - are negative or null : -2 mic, -1 sampler, 0 master

Posted Sun 23 Jun 19 @ 2:54 am
Thanks for all your replies everyone!..I really appreciate all your help.

Posted Sun 23 Jun 19 @ 11:59 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)