Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Free video editing software - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Chopping up video is a basic task. Shortcut does it by splitting the video using the playhead at two points. The area between those points can then be cut, copied, or deleted. This type of task is easily done in almost all video editors including Avidemux.

Posted Thu 04 Apr 19 @ 1:02 pm
That’s all true but the zoom and the blocky waveforms suck in ShotCut.

I guess until you try it you won’t see the difference because there’s definitely a difference between the two programs.

For me it’s Resolve from here on out. It’s free and offers a ton of stuff all for FREE.....

Posted Thu 04 Apr 19 @ 1:28 pm
https://www.techsupportalert.com/content/davinci-resolve.htm

It might be a piece of software I might buy in the future.
I've spent a lot of time on Shotcut tutorials and can't afford more time on this..even though it might eventually become my main video editor.
For the moment Shotcut does what's needed.

It won't be forgot but might be uninstalled.

Posted Thu 04 Apr 19 @ 8:49 pm
I will say this, I’ll never have black bars on my videos again, lol!!

Figured out the blur technique last night and it’s so easy.

Man Resolve is a life saver!!

Posted Fri 05 Apr 19 @ 3:31 pm
Shortcut appears to be an excellent intro into Premier Pro usage. This then ties in with things like Photoshop.
It is unclear how I will create and edit video in the future. Adobe does impress!

Posted Thu 18 Apr 19 @ 2:01 am
Da Vinci enables almost a dozen apps to pass through the Win 10 firewall. I tried to edit the firewall options but could change nothing. I then had to reset to the default firewall settings. Don't go anywhere near Da Vinci since it's some kind of bloated spyware. Shotcut is free, easy to use and good.

Posted Tue 14 May 19 @ 9:15 am
I use a Mac and Ive had no problems what so ever. DaVinci Resolve is comparable to Adobe Premier and blows ShotCut clean out of the water.

Sorry Ron, but theres no way you can be serious right now?!?!

You may have some firewall crap going on but I doubt its from DaVinci.

As for ShotCut, sure its free just like DaVinci, yeah its easy to use just like DaVinci but its not as good as DaVinci.........

Posted Wed 15 May 19 @ 4:40 am
Do I have to show you a screenshot of the mess Da Vinci made of my firewall?
That's besides the privacy issues it raised on installation.
Stick with your Mack which is not that good for VDJ.
Your choices are bad.

Posted Wed 15 May 19 @ 7:43 am
yes. please show a screenshot.

I only ask out of morbid curiosity and know I'm going to regret it.

and are you still using the same old pc for this or did you finally buy a newer one?

Posted Wed 15 May 19 @ 10:00 am
VDJ Ron wrote :
Do I have to show you a screenshot of the mess Da Vinci made of my firewall?
That's besides the privacy issues it raised on installation.
Stick with your Mack which is not that good for VDJ.
Your choices are bad.

Yes please show me the screenshots and why is a MacBook a bad choice for using VDJ??

Anything you can do on a PC I’ve found a way to do it on a MacBook......

Posted Wed 15 May 19 @ 11:57 am
Don't waste any more of my time Beatbreaker..just install Da Vinci on one of your Win 10 machines and then go and look at the firewall. It really is the worst mess ever. This applies to everyone.

So with all your skill you feel you managed to get everything working on a Mac..a bit of a struggle?
You know what I'm saying.
A windows machine is cheaper and more suitable for VDJ usage.

Posted Wed 15 May 19 @ 3:23 pm
I don’t use Windows 10, lol!

And it’s really not a struggle.

And I believe this was a thread I started so don’t waste time posting here I guess (shrugs)......

Have a good day Ron.

Posted Wed 15 May 19 @ 4:06 pm
You managed to change the name of this thread ? How ? I can't do that ? It's like when you were the only one on this forum and Serato's who could change his user name ?
OK I now can change my name but that only happened recently. I don't trust you.

Posted Wed 15 May 19 @ 4:32 pm
If you’d actually read the thread you’d clearly see I asked a mod if they could change the name, Lmmfao!!

I’m not sure what drugs you’ve done or what has happened to you in your life to make you so paranoid but not everyone or everything is out to get you Ron. And you don’t have to trust me but if you really knew me you’d know I’d give the shirt off my back to anyone who needed it.

Posted Wed 15 May 19 @ 6:28 pm

If you’d actually read the thread you’d clearly see I asked a mod if they could change the name, Lmmfao!!

I'd assume you made this request at a higher level than I or most people can see?
You need to think about what your doing.

Posted Wed 15 May 19 @ 7:28 pm
Hi wildcountry..I'm not running Da Vinci on my main fast i7 quad core again. For you I might run it on an i5. But why can't you waste your own time..download / install it and look at the Win 10 firewall ? Is that too hard for all of you ? It appears to be ?

Posted Wed 15 May 19 @ 7:35 pm

Posted Wed 15 May 19 @ 10:59 pm
Yes but there is a big price tag lurking in the background.

Video editing is an essential skill needed by a video DJ.
I'm very much at the beginning of this learning curve. So looking at Da Vinci, which still might be an excellent choice, are all the firewall entries acceptable? Is there a privacy issue? The problem I have is that I only have two laptops fast enough to do proper video editing and since their working machines I don't want them compromised.
I need a new fast desktop.

In this forums video section someone resurrected an old Vegas Pro thread. Could this be a cost effective way forward?

Posted Thu 16 May 19 @ 6:42 am
Vegas Pro is still going (now owned by Magix) and there's a rental option a la VDJ now too.

It used to be my software of choice (when camcorders were a thing) but I currently have an Adobe CC subscription.

Posted Thu 16 May 19 @ 5:28 pm
bump!

There has to be a few experts out there..I think mosts DJ's willl be video DJ's before long. We need help.

Anyway Openshot has amazed me but I'm not saying it's good, just that I don't know enough yet. The thing is it uses Blender which I regard as a difficult program to use and simplifies it so as to produce animated text. Blender may be for experts. Inkscape is also drafted in to help with graphics. It's all highly rated.

Note: It's all opensource freeware and no spying is done.

Posted Sat 18 May 19 @ 8:47 am
93%