Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Mapping Help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ok so I’ve been trying to remap the video section of my DDJ-SP1 but I’ve failed miserably every time , ugh!!

So as of right now when I hold down shift and press the auto loop button the top eight buttons and the top eight rotary knobs all affect video aspects of VDJ. This is all fine and what I want.

What I would like is for all 16 pads to switch over as well and become blank until I assigned them either to a video effect or video transition.

Please can one of the mapping gods help me??

Posted Fri 01 Mar 19 @ 2:18 am
Or how about this, it might be easier.

When ever I switch to video mode holding down shift and pressing the auto loop button a special video effect and video transition pad page show up on each side of the DDJ-SP1 but when I hold down shift and press the auto loop button to exit video mode it switches the pads back to the hot cue pads??

EDIT

Ok I got the pad pages made up.

So now I just need help with the script where I hold down shift and press the auto loop button and it switches the pad pages to my new video transition and video affect pages. And then when I hold down shift and press the auto loop button again it switches my pad pages back to my Hot cue pads.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated .

Posted Fri 01 Mar 19 @ 2:21 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
maybe something like that mapped to your auto loop button ?

"shift ? pad_page 'hotcues' ? deck all pad_page 'videofx' : deck all pad_page 'hotcues' : whatever the unshifted action was"

Posted Fri 01 Mar 19 @ 3:31 am
Thanks for the suggestion but I’m gonna have to scrape this idea.

See I use Mix Emergency with VDJ because Mix Emergency has waaaay better video fxs and better transitions.

So my plan was to use the newly created Pad page for Mix Emergency.

It worked for the most part but what I forgot about was, the midi data is the same to Mix Emergency. So basically if I mapped an fx to a pad under the newly created pad page when I switched over to the hot cue it would still activate the Mix Emergency fx as well as the hot cue.

So I’m thinking about ditching my DDJ-SP1 and picking up a DDJ-XP1. It has a ton of buttons and I’d still have all my VDJ Pad pages but still have another 16 buttons for Mix Emergency.

Unless someone can come up with a way around the problem I mentioned above??

Posted Fri 01 Mar 19 @ 5:02 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
SHIFT+AUTOLOOP is entering the "Video mode" which is described here.. http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/pioneer/ddjsp1/video.html but thats a "Hardware" mode, meaning that VirtualDJ doesnt know if you have enabled it or not.
When you switch to that mode, the Pads still operate the same way on the selected mode/page.

One thing you can try is to ..
- Create a Custom Pads page, name it as "Video FXs" or something like that.
- Have a button from the Video mode to enable/select this Pads page.
E.g. you could assign the TAP button as .. pad_page 'Video FXs'

If you only care to trigger Video Effects and not using the upper FX section to adjust any parameters (there are not many for Video FXs anyway), you could "sacrifice" one of the existing Pad modes to load your Video FXs Pads page, by changing the action assigned to one of them

Posted Fri 01 Mar 19 @ 1:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)