Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: recording problems

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

co0ldjPRO InfinityMember since 2003
first of all
if i can recored the mix that iam doing in mp3 format (how)
i had tried to recored it in the mp3 format but the recoding had not started can u help me plz
2nd when i record my mix in the wav format the beats in the playback of the recoding in not the same can u help
my com is :
1000 mhz AMD
556mbyts sdram
sb live crative

Posted Wed 29 Oct 03 @ 10:51 am
First off, do you have the lame plugin to record into MP3? If not go here. D/Led it and stick it in the plugin directory.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=417

Next..

I am not quite sure what you exactly mean here. Do you mean on playback the pitch is different than you originally recorded at or the bassline is off slightly from the vocals and instrumentals?

Regards;

Redman247

Posted Wed 29 Oct 03 @ 11:19 am
it feels like the bassline is off slightly from the vocals and instrumentals

in my words the beats seems to exceed each other
but i think if i record it in the mp3 fomat it will be working fine
i had now knew how to record it in the mp3 format and i will c if it will work fine

Posted Wed 29 Oct 03 @ 5:09 pm
Let me know how it goes with the MP3 encoding. ;)

As for skipping while you do .wav files. I can offer a few suggestions to see if it may be the cause of your problems.

1. Make sure your not doing anything intensive at the moment besides VDJ (i.e defragging the hard drive, playing a game and having it minimized while using VDJ, Doing lots of downloads at once while in VDJ)

2. Make sure you do not have virus software scanning your hardive in the background while using VDJ. (Norton, McAfee ect, ect..)

3. When you get a chance, defrag your hard drive.

4. Update your audio card drivers.

5. In the future, try running a search in the forums. Most times there is user just like you who had the same or similar problem and they may have a soloution for yours.

Hope this helps.

Regards;

Redman247

Posted Wed 29 Oct 03 @ 5:21 pm
thank u
1st iam not opening any program with vdj
2nd i don't have any virous scanig prog
3rd maybe it is becaue my sound card drivers they r old
i had tried recording the mix in the mp3 mode it is better
but it is a littile (there is a small beating problem beats tries to escced other beats)
thanks any way

Posted Thu 30 Oct 03 @ 5:27 pm
galePRO InfinityMember since 2005
hello all

i also have problems with recording.
I have 2 soundcards, and a mixer. One sound card is for speakers, and another is for headphones.
Third cable is connecting mixer with amplifier.
My problem is following; when i record my mix, on recorded (finished) mix i hear master sound (from speakers), but also the sound from my headphones. During mixing (and recording) that is not a case, because everythinh is ok.

I hope You understund my problem, and that you have solution for my problem.
regards from croatia.

Posted Thu 17 Mar 05 @ 12:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)