Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Effect Settings - Permanent

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,
I'm using VDJ8 with SR2 Pioneer controller, I find myself adjusting the setting of my effects each time I open VDJ
For example in the effect LOOP OUT, my settings are -
Length 1
Mode Param 50%
Count 8
If I move the knob on my controller for a different effect, I will change the Loop Out settings and I will find myself adjusting it before every use and of course sometimes it sounds bad in the middle of the my set.
So How can I set permanent settings to each effect?
Thanks
Adi

Posted Wed 01 Aug 18 @ 12:00 pm
You can simply set them each time you trigger them, like explained in this video:

Posted Wed 01 Aug 18 @ 2:15 pm
But I don't understand how you can control the SR2 with a home edition license?

Posted Wed 01 Aug 18 @ 2:16 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Your example is good klaus, but the other way is to have you effect_active button query the selected fx

Something like
effect_select "loop out" 1 ? Set some dials & trigger fx : Query another fx or when no more queries just effect_active.

Posted Wed 01 Aug 18 @ 3:21 pm
This is my office licence free version, I practice on it on my day job :) - I have a full licence on my mac that I use when I DJ

Posted Wed 01 Aug 18 @ 4:03 pm
DJ Adi Dgani wrote :
I have a full licence on my mac

So why isn't it registered to your account?

Posted Wed 01 Aug 18 @ 4:29 pm
Doesn't he have the same problem when effect is triggered? Isn't moving the controller knob still going to change the selected effect settings? If you want settings for decks 1 and 2, that may also cause problems. Can you change what the controller knob controls?

Posted Wed 01 Aug 18 @ 5:01 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)