Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: ASK THE DJ - apostrophe issue

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I wasn't quite sure where to post this question so hope this is the right section and having checked, I couldn't find anyone having asked the same question either.

I have been using Ask The DJ since it was first released and upload my Karaoke Songbook for people to select and send their requests through - works brilliantly and not had any problems with it at all. However, one issue that has come up recently though was that one of my regulars, an iPhone user, told me that he couldn't get any results coming up for The O'Jays even though he knew that we have quite a few of their songs available (we'll use that one as an example as there was more than one example when we started searching). It turns out that his iPhone, and other iPhone users have now discovered that their phones do not recognise the straight apostrophe in words but if I change it to an angled apostrophe which iPhones recognise, android phones then don't recognise it which also includes myself so it is staying as a straight one :)

Another example is that android users can search for songs that begin with I'm but iPhone users can't because of the apostrophe. We are not sure if this has been since the latest iPhone update as I have only just been made aware of the issue and as I am not an iPhone user myself, I wouldn't have known.

Any suggestions or a way to get round it?

Many thanks
KJ

Posted Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 12:46 pm
remove the apostrophe even though the spelling is wrong.

only idea i have.

Posted Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 12:58 pm
it's been fixed.
Use the normal quote in your catalog, but users can now search using iOS fancy quotes.

Posted Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 5:32 pm
THANK YOU!

All tested and all working - much appreciated :)

Posted Mon 30 Jul 18 @ 12:00 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)