Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Please help with setting a pad action

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I am modifying my hotcues pad page. I figured out how to set the cue_color when I set the hotcue. Now I want to set a saved loop point.
In the pad edit I am using:
hot_cue 1 & cue_color 1 'cyan'

And then when I hold shift:
delete_cue 1  & cue_color 1 'none'

Deleting the cue_color may not be necessary. I have not verified.

What I would like to do is set it as a saved loop with an 8 beat count. I believe the action is saved_loop. But, I can't get the syntax right. I would also like to be able to delete the loop when I use the shift pad.

Posted Thu 03 May 18 @ 2:29 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
loop 8 & loop_save X & loop off

will save a 8 beats loop at the current position.
X is the slot number, but you can skip this if you only need to save 1 loop per track.

Is that all you want or make the same position act both as a Hotcue and at the same time trigger the loop ?

Check the CueLoop Pad page too. You could use something like ...
loop_select 8 & cue_loop X

Posted Thu 03 May 18 @ 9:06 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Thank you for your response, I appreciate it.

In the past I was setting hotcue's that represent the same kind of thing across multiple songs. hotcue 1, pad 1 being the beginning of a song for example. hotcue 8 pad 8 being the last word of a song. I would then open the POI editor and color them to their meaning. Also, when I would load a track with cue points, I would know if they were mine by the repetitive color locations I would also set a certain cue/color as a saved loop. I don't want an automatic loop that engages every time the track plays. I want it just when I press that cue button. So, when I edit cue 2 in the POI, I set the color orange, change the type from Hotcue to saved loop, and the point option to 8 beats.

Opening the editor took a lot of time. I wanted to just load a new track, position the track, press a pad, and move on. If I messed up, I want to be able to shift-pad and erase all that was associated with that pad.

Posted Thu 03 May 18 @ 10:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)