Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: DN-MC600 Right Channel Fader not responding

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Running Mac - vdj8.2 dn-mc6000
Crossfader and Left Channel Fader respond on vdj
when moved on controller, Right Channel Fader does not... any help would be appreciated,
Settings on back of dn-mc6000 set to:
MAC - PC MIX - REC OUT/MIC

Posted Sun 01 Apr 18 @ 2:50 am
May be a bad fader. In the middle of a gig I lost the right channel on the deck 2 fader. Had to use a rubber band to keep pressure on the fader, and use the crossfader to mix the rest of the night. I own 3 MC6000s, 2 are for parts. Did you try to switch to the 3/4 configuration?

Posted Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 2:38 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
Did you try to switch to the 3/4 configuration?
Which would be...?

Posted Mon 02 Apr 18 @ 7:55 pm
Well in my configuration, players 1/2 are on the inner faders, and players 3/4 on the outer faders. Check here.

Posted Tue 03 Apr 18 @ 2:24 am
It may or may not be the same issue, but, I had the very same problem with my first MC6000 (fader 3) after around 10 months. When pushing the fader to full volume the onscreen display in VDJ would show it flickering up and down (including the sound). I had it repaired under warranty, however, they messed up reassembling it so much that the navigation knob was unusable. They sent me a replacement unit, strangely, the same fader 3 failed after around 10 months again. As I had an extended warranty I had it repaired again and I was told it was a design fault where fader 3 became detached from the motherboard and had to be resoldered. Then of course after around 10 months the same fader failed yet again. I was about to start 23 consecutive nights of Christmas Parties and couldn't send the MC6000 away, so, I reprogrammed the channels to use 1 & 4 instead of 2 & 3. I was also having trouble with the PLAY buttons and began using CUE1 to start the tracks.

After Christmas was over I purchased the MC6000 Mk2 and have never had those problems. I still have the MC6000 Mk1 stored in the state as above.

Posted Tue 03 Apr 18 @ 9:25 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Switch to the 4 Decks default skin.
Click on the Mixer Options, right above Crossfader and choose a different Mixer Order (e.g. 1-2-3-4)

Posted Tue 03 Apr 18 @ 12:59 pm
After the update, my mc6000mk2 faders went bonkers. The alignment makes no sense and I've tried almost every combination. I know what I want them to be, and they used to be that way for a few years. 1 & 2 in the center, 3 & 4 on the outside. Now the right play button starts the left player, and the faders are not controlling the correct ones. It's crazy. Can I reload the mc6000mk2 map?

Posted Tue 01 May 18 @ 9:55 am
You can reset by selecting "factory default" in the mappers list.

Sounds like a hardware fault though. I have seen similar things to this happen a few times now and it's the main PCB that has gone wacky unfortunately.

Posted Tue 01 May 18 @ 10:25 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
amarillodj wrote :
...Now the right play button starts the left player, ..

In VirtualDJ Settings-->Controllers tab, select the Denon MC6k from the left-side list. What do you see in "Deck" at the right side ?
Normally you should see "Automatic (Left, Right)" or "Automatic (1,2 or 1,2,3,4)"

Posted Wed 02 May 18 @ 12:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)