Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Dual Denon 3700 bug reported

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DjButlaPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Howdy people! So, i'm running the latest build at the time of this message. I've noticed an issue with my 2 Denon 3700's. If I have a track playing on one deck, and try to back or forward spin through a track to get to a certain point, or try to scratch somewhat aggressively. the playing deck will slow down and stutter.

I know what you're thinking, your computer is too slow.

I go over to an S9 mixer with 2 denon turntables with Timecodes on it and I can go ABSOLUTELY NUTS WITH NO PERFORMANCE DROPS.

I can also switch laptops to my ASUS ROG G75W(win 10, i7, 16gb ram) and the same thing happens. I can even run video while playing and have no issue.

i defaulted all scratch settings, Updated my ASIO drivers, latest software and driver versions.

I cant figure it out for the life of me. Maybe it's an issue with both being on midi channel 1? I can't operate the turntable's transport (Play or pause) outside of midi channel 1.

Maybe there's midi bleed over? Each controller is assigned to their own deck.

Maybe there's a problem with the players? I can run em both independent of each other and as long as I dont touch em, they just work, spin and play all happy. If they play together, they start to slip up. Playing CD's, they're fine outside of midi mode.

ITS DRIVING ME BONKAZ! I'll upgrade when the time is right, but i've grown attached to em and it kinda worries me about other motorized plattered midi devices...LIKE THE SOON COMING 12 and 73 MIXER SETUP.

Any assistance with this is greatly appreciated.

Posted Thu 11 Jan 18 @ 4:30 am

Posted Thu 11 Jan 18 @ 1:10 pm
In my opinion and experience, motorized platters have always been hit & miss with VDJ.

There were issues with the old Denon HS5500 players, which worked fine in VDJ 6 (I think it was) but from 7 onwards gave problems for many. The issues came and went with various releases too. Another user here was always posting about issues with his Stanton SCS1D decks. I don't recall it ever being fixed.

Atomix prioritize newer products, so after a while if there's an issue with older hardware, it gets put on the back burner and probably forgotten about.

Posted Thu 11 Jan 18 @ 5:52 pm
groovindj wrote :
Atomix prioritize newer products, so after a while if there's an issue with older hardware, it gets put on the back burner and probably forgotten about.

I don't know what the company policy is on older controllers, but it would not surprise me if most companies did not operate this way. This would not be unique to VDJ.

Posted Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 5:54 am
NosvenLE userMember since 2015
DjButla, I've reported this issue about the 3700 and NS7. From my experience on Windows 7 no problem. With Windows 8 and 10 I found useing a quad core processer did the trick. However for me Windows 7 is the best.

Posted Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 9:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)