Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual DJ scratch waveform skin stutters

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djxhalxPRO (OEM)Member since 2014
The whole problem is visible especially and mostly during scrolling in the browser - the scratch waveforms are stuttering lightly, it happens 100% of the times - what might be the problem?

Posted Tue 09 Jan 18 @ 9:16 pm
Try increasing the skinFPS in settings.

Posted Tue 09 Jan 18 @ 9:19 pm
I set it to 60fps (as my laptop screen is 60hz) - its smooth when I do not interact with the browser - when I try to scroll through the folders or my playlist it starts to stutter

Posted Wed 10 Jan 18 @ 7:01 am
If windows, what version? what are your hardware specs.

Posted Wed 10 Jan 18 @ 11:40 pm
see
im not alone.. this happened to me too... support said its not a known issue..

Posted Thu 11 Jan 18 @ 12:52 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
If you are on windows, experimentalSkinEngine can help a little.

Posted Thu 11 Jan 18 @ 9:04 am
Does it still have a compatibility issue with some skins though?

That's why I've not been using it.

Can you please advise exactly what that option does and whether we can use it permanently?

Posted Thu 11 Jan 18 @ 9:26 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It tries to minimize the areas of the skin that are updated to those that have changed.
It should work with most skins now, but there may still be some small compatibility issues with some skins.

Posted Thu 11 Jan 18 @ 10:15 am
experimentalSkinEngine works a lot better now Adion. Does not work very well in Win7 with aero turned off. Redraw problems. Just in case someone runs into that. When any VDJ dialog is up and then dismissed or any window is on top of VDJ UI and dismissed, it does not redraw the area under dialog / window when aero is off. When aero is on, it works but maybe that is being handed underneath by DWM?

Posted Thu 11 Jan 18 @ 1:13 pm
Thanks Adion, will give it a try again.

I'm using Blocks sin by Babis so I'm guessing there won't be any issues with that one.

Posted Thu 11 Jan 18 @ 1:36 pm
2mvp8102PRO SubscriberMember since 2014
Ok, I have a numark NVii , using VDJ8 , with a hp laptop, windows 8 I believe. Music started to stutter, started to distort and then......cut off. It eventually comes back on, but only for a secondthen it's back off....software seams to still be functioning. I'm lost don't know how to fix ....need help...lol

Posted Thu 11 Jan 18 @ 6:16 pm
When DWM is on, typical WM_PAINT messages on not sent to the app. Like moving windows over the app as descried above. Handled by DWM. When DWM is off (Win7 with aero off) the app receives the WM_PAINT messages but VDJ apparently does not draw in response to them so when experminetalSkinEngine is on it leaves trash on the screen. You could just draw the entire skin when getting paint messages for the easiest fix.

Posted Fri 12 Jan 18 @ 6:18 am
Don Moir wrote :
If windows, what version? what are your hardware specs.

Windows 8.1 64bit, 8gb ram, i7 4702mq @ 2.2GHz

It happened on versions newer than v8.2 b3978 - on this specific, it works smoothtly

Posted Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 6:07 am
Asked about the window version because there is thing with Win7 that can cause some stutter. Go back and cross-check v8.2 b3978 if you have not already, to be sure it is still smooth and something else did not change on your computer, like a setting or something else.. Use exactly same songs for testing each build. Don;t have much of anything else running.. Do bare bones test so other stuff does not get in the way. If that checks out then at least it is narrowed down to 2 different builds. Don;t know if you are using video at all but if so, set FPS for that to 60 as well. If skin and video FPS are not set to the monitor refresh rate, then that can cause some stutter as well.

On another thing, when using videoForceFullScreen=1, experimentalSkinDrawing does not work. Kind of a mess when dismissing menus, popup,etc. videoForceFullScreen=1 is also still a mess needlessly. A new thing with it, is it is very easy to slow things down to a crawl like scrolling and more. Of course very easy to hang the program when using it as well. Don.t dock any menu etc, when using VFFS=1 .

Posted Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 9:30 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)