Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Two controllers

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TUNES69PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Using VDJ8, Windows 7 Pro. First off will the Denon MC6000 work with VDJ8? Second, if so can I install drivers for both the Denon MCX8000 & Denon MC6000 and use one or the other? Kind of like a backup, one goes down disconnect & plug in the other and continue.

Posted Sat 06 Jan 18 @ 7:05 pm
Yes and yes. Be aware though that the Denon drivers can conflict. I use the MCX8000 with the supplied ASIO drivers and the MC6000 on WASAPI because if you have two separate Denon Asio drivers installed its a mess.

Depending on venues I swap between them all the time with no issues.

Posted Sat 06 Jan 18 @ 7:32 pm
Thanks for the quick post, good info. Anything special I need to do when switching or will it find it on its own?

Posted Sat 06 Jan 18 @ 8:51 pm
Further on this subject, is it possible to have 2 controllers plugged in at the same time and switch between them?
For example, a gig I do from time to time, I have a dual location to be in the venue, but have to go to one location to change music. Can i set up a controller in both locations and use either, depending where I am?

Posted Sat 06 Jan 18 @ 8:52 pm
Yes

Posted Sun 07 Jan 18 @ 1:44 am
So I am taking a guess that each controller would have to have its own set up in the audio config and they would need to run different drivers, i.e. WASAPI and ASIO to stop conflicts.

Posted Sun 07 Jan 18 @ 11:06 pm
FYI most ASIO drivers do not conflict with one another that only happens in cretin circumstances.

Posted Sun 07 Jan 18 @ 11:34 pm
Yes, you can have each one configured differently in sound setup.

It seems to be an issue with Denon drivers specifically that mixing them can cause all sorts of problems.

The MCX8000 needs ASIO to work properly whereas the MC6000 will do fine on WASAPI

Posted Sun 07 Jan 18 @ 11:50 pm
kradcliffe
Can you show me what your settings are in VDJ* config? I'm using Ch. 2&3 using the fader. When I hit play on Ch. 3 I hear ch.3 when the fader is on Ch.2 or Ch.3. Ch.2 works fine, when I fade to Ch.3 I hear nothing.
My CF Mode is on Video & the MC6000 is configured like below. .

Posted Sat 13 Jan 18 @ 6:37 pm
Any help here?

Posted Mon 15 Jan 18 @ 5:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)