Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Picture in Picture on extended screen

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello,

We need to be able to show a small window or PIP on top of the extended VDJ's extend video.

it seems like VDJ automatically full screens and over writes anything that's on the extended screen. Is it possible to not have VDJ do this to the extended screen? Our party is NYE so I need to figure it out soon.

Thanks

Chris

Posted Tue 26 Dec 17 @ 6:49 pm
Check out the Telly plugins
In add-ons section

Posted Tue 26 Dec 17 @ 6:53 pm
I searched Telly plugins and didn't see anything searching the word telly..

Posted Tue 26 Dec 17 @ 7:00 pm

Posted Tue 26 Dec 17 @ 7:06 pm
I am completely confused.

Here's what I'm trying to do. Seems very simply.

On my extend video screen I just don't want VDJ to not take the screen over. Don't want any sms text or other weird stuff. I have a TV tuner window I need to display for the NYE count down, want to do it beside the music videos playing. Don't see why VDJ has to take over the screen and not allow anything else to be displayed on the same screen.

I can do this when on a duplicate screen but I lose the VDJ interface.

Posted Tue 26 Dec 17 @ 7:44 pm
just have VDJ run in your Main Monitor (windowed), then move it over to the other screen and resize to your liking, then also move the TV output too.

Posted Tue 26 Dec 17 @ 7:54 pm
Don't see a option to run VDJ in main monitor, how do I do that?

Posted Tue 26 Dec 17 @ 9:41 pm
Okay, When I right click on the video window in VDJ I get 2 options, both labeled with my video card name. If I click on the top one the video output of VDJ over writes my main display. It's either full screen or min, no windowed option at all. The other does the same to my extended screen. Again no option to window the output. it's either full screen or none.

Am I missing something?

Posted Tue 26 Dec 17 @ 9:46 pm
I think I just stumbled on how to do it. I need to double click the video output on my main display to get it to a window size. Didn't know that.

Posted Tue 26 Dec 17 @ 9:48 pm
For those who didn't know. To get the video output of VDJ to not be full screen you just need to double click anywhere on what ever display you have it on and the output will go from full screen to a window that can be adjusted to any size you want.

Now I can put as many programs on the same screen as I want.

Posted Tue 26 Dec 17 @ 9:56 pm
TimberHouse wrote :
For those who didn't know

It's in the VDJ manual.

Posted Tue 26 Dec 17 @ 10:22 pm
TimberHouse wrote :
For those who didn't know. To get the video output of VDJ to not be full screen you just need to double click anywhere on what ever display you have it on and the output will go from full screen to a window that can be adjusted to any size you want.

Now I can put as many programs on the same screen as I want.

In options under video, you can also set the VDJ video not to be on top. The reason it overlays like that is because the VDJ video is set to be on top of other windows by default. Make sure you select all settings in options to see the on top video option.

Posted Tue 26 Dec 17 @ 11:54 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)