Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Temp Cues

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
A bit of a version difference change that is driving me nuts.
In 8, cues are not saved like they are temporary or as in 7 if vdj was not installed as admin, the settings, changes and cues would not be saved.
It seems that the only way cues are saved is if a hot cue is set.
I thought the work around might be script, but setting a hot cue immediately activates the track in play.
I've checked this in the Mac version as well as the PC version and its identical.
Going back to 7, the behavior is as expected, once set it is saved as a cue the next time the track is loaded up.
I've gone through the 8 user guide and not seen a differential for a temp cue, but I have to be missing something here.
Any idea what I am missing?
Prepared to look stupid as an ex support agent, but its driving me crazy.

Thanks

Posted Sun 24 Dec 17 @ 10:27 pm
So, let me get this straight....

You want to set cues, and for them to be saved, but you don't want them to be hot cues? i.e. you don't want the track to play when you hit one. You just want the track to go to the cue point?

Posted Sun 24 Dec 17 @ 10:58 pm
Didn't mean to confuse, maybe too much info.
Basically, I set a cue on a track and it will not save the cue.
I can load a track on 1, set a cue, load the same track on 2 and there is no cue.

The only way it saves, is if I set a hot cue.

In 7, once I set a cue, its there unless I delete it.

Posted Sun 24 Dec 17 @ 11:35 pm
mp3jrick wrote :

Going back to 7, the behavior is as expected, once set it is saved as a cue the next time the track is loaded up.

That was actually the "bug" in v7 if you will
- temp cues are not supposed to be saved, and v7 used a hot cue for it by mirroring the temp cue

As you suggest yourself you can still do it like v7 though
It may not be exactly what you want, but this may still help you

Posted Mon 25 Dec 17 @ 6:59 am
Thank you
I played with script for hours, talked with other users, and now I see another post on the same exact thing.
This is more of an issue when a controller doesn't feature hot cue buttons I guess.

Soooo.... lol, I went searching for this elusive script stopping the video on the frame so see if I could extract a clue
as to its where abouts.
I went to the wiki/vdj script area, even looked around the "video" area not sure why a deck control script would be in the video
script area, yet found nothing.

Anywho, either I am blind or I am looking in the wrong "video section".
If you could either paste script here, modify the script page to include it, or help me out with a link to the page it would make my day.

Thanks, and Merry Christmas to all the dj's here
(and the new ones who got controllers for Christmas, I remember the days in Christmas support with new users and broken stuff and angry moms lol)

Posted Mon 25 Dec 17 @ 12:52 pm
If you click onto youtube it's in the video description

It's actually made by PhantomDeejay a while ago

play ? cue_stop : cue ? cue_stop : param_equal get_cue 2 ? set_cue 2 & goto_cue 2 : param_equal get_cue 3 ? set_cue 3 & goto_cue 3 : param_equal get_cue 4 ? set_cue 4 & goto_cue 4 : param_equal get_cue 5 ? set_cue 5 & goto_cue 5 : param_equal get_cue 6 ? set_cue 6 & goto_cue 6 : param_equal get_cue 7 ? set_cue 7 & goto_cue 7 : param_equal get_cue 8 ? set_cue 8 & goto_cue 8 : set_cue 1 & goto_cue 1

Posted Mon 25 Dec 17 @ 1:14 pm
Thank you, once I clicked on "show more" under your name, the script appeared.
This qualifies for the VDJ script page for sure.

Thanks again
r

Posted Mon 25 Dec 17 @ 1:38 pm
I think this shows again how powerful VDJ is.
Need an action for your personal work flow? No problem...

Thanks for sharing this script and a merry Christmas.

Posted Mon 25 Dec 17 @ 8:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)