Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ Scrip help

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I need a script to unlink the video crossfader when the audio crossfader is at 0% and link the video crossfader when the audio crossfader is at 100%. I have tried my hand at vdj script and i can't figure it out. any help would be greatly appreciated. I am using a Hercules RMX.

Posted Tue 28 Nov 17 @ 10:10 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Sounds interesting, I'm in.
Try this mapping on the crossfader

crossfader & crossfader 0% ? video_crossfader_link off : crossfader 100% ? video_crossfader_link on : nothing

Haven't tested but I think that should be right, what are you doing?

Posted Wed 29 Nov 17 @ 1:42 am
Thank you so much for the super fast response locodog! It works! I host a karaoke show that i run an automix list on the A deck in between singers and karaoke on the B deck. Before calling up the next singer, I like to display the song title info from the mp3+g file on deck b (video only unlinked) while the A deck is playing. When the singer is ready, I crossfade to the B deck slowly then press play on B deck. When the audio starts on B deck I bring the crossfader to 100%. When I crossfade back to the A deck, I want the video and audio crossfaders linked. I can then switch the video crossfader to 100% with a custom button (unlinked). Repeat. Too confusing? lol.

Posted Wed 29 Nov 17 @ 3:23 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Makes sense, I can't foresee any problems with this script.
Enjoy.

Posted Wed 29 Nov 17 @ 5:34 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
BTW, why dont you use the Karaoke mode ? While the Automix is playing, you can show on the Video Output the upcoming Singers and Songs.
Have you tried it ? If you have, what are the reasons for running Karaoke in manual mode ?

Posted Wed 29 Nov 17 @ 7:39 pm
I have tried the karaoke mode. It would be fine if I was just hosting karaoke but I do requests as well and throw the regular requests into automix. When in karaoke mode you can't do mix now I do like the automated unlink linking mentioned above. An auto fade out is my next venture. Lol.

Posted Thu 30 Nov 17 @ 3:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)