Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Auto BPM

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJBoziLE userMember since 2003
This didnt get any attention when I linked it to an old post so I hope someone reads it now and comments? Pleeese.

"Hi Guys... I've been using a demo of VDJ lately but initially used AtomixMP3 (Demo)! I did a mix on Atomix which ran perfect and the BPM seemed accurate, but VDJ seems way out. Atomix read one track at 103. and VDJ @ 131. The result is where I had to speed up this track to be in sync with another, it now slows down with VDJ. I know there is a manual beat tap but to do this for every song?"

Posted Wed 22 Oct 03 @ 4:38 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
This may seem obvious... but if you know the song runs at 103 bpm, just because vdj reports it at 131 was really not a good reason to slow it way down. That's where DJ skills and familiarity come into play. Know you music! Before your software reports a bpm, you should have at least a basic idea of where it will fit into a set. If it's reported incorrectly, no amount of slowing it down, without some degree of manual beat matching abilities will make it match up.
NO beat counter is 100% accurate. My sence is that VirtualDJ hits a higher percentage of accuracy than Atomixmp3 did. You only need to manually beat tap the songs that are off. Not every single song. Even then, you'll need some manual beat matching skills to make it smooth.

Posted Wed 22 Oct 03 @ 8:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)