Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Sound Card and Mixer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I use a Gemini PMX-1400 mixer with a Soundblaster Extigy USB sound card. How do I configure/connect the mixer, sound card, and Virtual DJ to work? I have tried various connections with the soundcard and mixer as well as VirtualDJ soundcard configurations. Could the order in which everything is powered up be a problem?

I'm on stuck.
dontonio

Posted Wed 22 Oct 03 @ 4:32 am
nashHome userMember since 2003
ok this is simple ..

but first you have to know if your sound card .. has 4 channels witch it means that you need two(2) outputs in your sound card.

ok once you setup the 4 channel option(4.1) go to the virtual dj menu and select the 3dsoundcard and the mixer console..then .. lets plug the cables .

ok you need:
2/ 3.55mm(the small plugs with two colored lines) To 2 RCA (the regualr plugs you use for your mixer)

ok so plug both cables in your sound card outputs then
plug the red and white( or black) cables in one of the mixer channels input...do same thing with the other one.

then plug your amp to the regular output in you mixer.

so now you have each of the desks of virtual on each channel of your mixer...

note: put the virtual dj crossfader in the middle and use your mixer's crossfader.

Posted Fri 24 Oct 03 @ 6:58 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Fairly detailed explanation of a feature not available in the demo... from a trial version user??

Posted Fri 24 Oct 03 @ 3:28 pm
dont worry .. my uncle owns the soft..so dont worry... and i like more atomix mp3 because after20 days you dont have to install windows again

Posted Fri 24 Oct 03 @ 5:38 pm
you are welcome!!

Posted Fri 24 Oct 03 @ 5:39 pm
AS A DJ FOR 25+ YEARS I SEE POTENTIAL IN VDJ BUT AND THATS A STRONG BUT - THE SOFTWARE SHOULD HAVE BEEN DESIGN WITH A XTERNAL CONTROLLER FROM THE START NOT TO MENTION THE ABILITY TO USE A BASIC "SB LIVE SOUNDCARD" SO THAT BOTH PLAYERS COULD BE PLAYED WITH A XTERNAL MIXER, WHAT PROFESSIONAL DJ PLAYS WITH A SOFTWARE FADER?!?!?!?!

Posted Tue 28 Oct 03 @ 12:33 pm
AHHhhrrrrrrrrrggg, My eyes! Some.... one..... turn... the... Caps Lock... Off... Too..... Bold! ... Thanks!

Regards;

Redman247

(Helping save users vision one DJ at a time since 1971) lol!

Posted Tue 28 Oct 03 @ 1:04 pm
I have a similar question about installing a mixer. I don't have an amp or speakers at this point to practice. Can I hook up mixer to my PC speakers? They are Harmon Kardon speakers with subwoofer. Good enough for practice.

Posted Tue 28 Oct 03 @ 7:53 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)