Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DJ Mag Tech Awards :-(

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

It looks like DJ Mag Tech Awards has taken VDJ out of the competition for best software this year
That's a little sad :-(

DJ SOFTWARE Nominees 2017
Serato DJ
Pioneer DJ rekordbox dj
Native Instruments Traktor Pro 2
Algoriddim djay Pro
Denon DJ Engine Prime

DJ SOFTWARE Nominees 2016
Serato DJ
Pioneer rekordbox dj
Native Instruments Traktor Pro 2
Virtual DJ
Denon Engine

I wonder why VDJ is being overlook like that...

Posted Sun 10 Sep 17 @ 11:52 pm
probably because they didn't buy a spot :-)

Posted Mon 11 Sep 17 @ 1:14 am
Does it really matter?? I mean it doesn't effect you one way or another does it??

Either way it's a great piece of regardless of what some stupid magazine/website says.

Posted Mon 11 Sep 17 @ 1:16 am
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
Does it really matter??.

+1

Posted Mon 11 Sep 17 @ 7:26 am
Ok... guess it was just me having Sunday blues...

Posted Mon 11 Sep 17 @ 9:13 am
I heard people say: Who is using VDJ isnt a DJ anyway

I dont see why that would be. Virtual DJ is most innovative, easy to use, stable and best of all it has Streaming Feature in-build. Most "real DJ" Software does lack the streaming feature and in my opinion Online DJing is the future.

Posted Mon 11 Sep 17 @ 10:14 am
Wow, my software wasn't nominated by a DJ magazine. That's it, I'm done. Where is that razor blade? The first thing I'm going to do is .......................absolutely nothing. If I was so easily persuaded by an article in a magazine, I'd drive a Honda Odyssey, have an iPhone, a Mac book, and only date young Russian strippers. Ok, I made up the Russian stripper thing.

Posted Mon 11 Sep 17 @ 10:24 am
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Fake DJ magazine

Posted Mon 11 Sep 17 @ 10:34 am
ohshit wrote :
Fake DJ magazine

+500

Posted Mon 11 Sep 17 @ 11:46 am
Somebody should point out to them that Engine Prime isn't DJ software...

Posted Mon 11 Sep 17 @ 4:57 pm
And Engine Prime is still very much under development and still technically a beta.

*shakes head*

Posted Mon 11 Sep 17 @ 5:23 pm
I noticed the omission too Klaus and was both surprised and disappointed. Now I use VDJ 8.2 every weekend, so being nominated for an award won't affect me in the slightest. However it would be nice to see VDJ held in the same regards as the other dj softwares. VDJ is often overlooked nowadays and, despite the major improvements that it's had, it still seems unable to shake off the stigma that it's not as 'professional' as the others.

Posted Mon 11 Sep 17 @ 9:10 pm
bagpussPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I glanced through the mag, I noticed how many of the products had a tied score, it's clear that they're just licking industry ass so they can continue to get free stuff and stay in business. Reviewers really can't be trusted unless they're truly independent.

To think I once took this bull seriously is quite embarrassing, but we were all children once.

Posted Tue 12 Sep 17 @ 7:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)