Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Roland 808 - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

On the master screen I can't control the master volume it doesn't move when I twist the knob

Posted Thu 07 Sep 17 @ 10:30 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
The master on the Roland 808 is hardware controlled, so moving that knob will not change anything within the software. Using your mouse, dial that back to about 12:00.

Posted Fri 08 Sep 17 @ 4:56 am
are you using the 808? now how is it? do you like it? i think i would like it just not sure how much remapping will be needed

Posted Fri 15 Dec 17 @ 5:08 am
can you map the master volume

Posted Fri 15 Dec 17 @ 5:09 am
I really want to get the Roland 808 but I'm not real good at mapping if anybody is interested in mapping the 808 so it will work flawlessly with virtual DJ 8.2 please let me know

Edited by AMAHM for advertising

Posted Fri 15 Dec 17 @ 5:33 am
The 808 is natively supported by VirtualDJ. Look here.

Posted Fri 15 Dec 17 @ 5:51 am
You can ask for help, but can't advertise to pay someone. Please don't double post.

Posted Fri 15 Dec 17 @ 5:54 am
so no more issues. everything working I read a few things about decks not syncing

Posted Fri 15 Dec 17 @ 5:55 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
You can ask for help, but can't advertise to pay someone. Please don't double post.

sorry

Posted Fri 15 Dec 17 @ 5:55 am
I don't know if there are any issues or not. Ask someone that has the controller, or try it yourself. Even if someone has issues, that does not mean that you will. As long as I have been here, most issues are resolved anyway.

Posted Fri 15 Dec 17 @ 5:58 am
Sorry I just really want to get this controller everybody that I ask just says why don't to just go to Serato. NOT A option I really like VDJ

Posted Fri 15 Dec 17 @ 6:02 am
There's no need to be sorry. I can't tell you what to buy, but can only talk about my experience with VirtualDJ. I just bought two controllers, the pioneer DDJ-SR2 and Numark DJ2GO2. I actually was on a cruise ship when I ordered them. I only bought these controllers because VDJ said that they were now supported. I only buy controllers that support the software that I use. They work for me. I have no reason to believe that the 808 won't work for you. It has been out a lot longer than my new controllers. This company goes out of their way to support controllers, and they never charge us a dime.

As for people telling you to buy the other software. I don't know you, but I don't let others tell me what to do. If you think that it will be a better fit, be my guest. I actually own three copies of Serato, because it came with the controllers that I bought. I have no use for it. I think it is a great software, it just does not work for me, and I don't care who uses it, and that's being extremely diplomatic.

Posted Fri 15 Dec 17 @ 6:17 am
I totally agree just have been hoping to find someone that is actually using this controller to see what issues they are having. I also own both software's and several controllers. Some of my Pioneer controllers had a lot of workarounds when I first got them. This controller has a lot more bells and whistles but are only based on SERATO DJ. And I know that throughout the years with virtual DJ they have always found a way to make everything work and usually better.

Posted Fri 15 Dec 17 @ 6:24 am
Just picked up the Roland DJ 808 I am going to hook it up in the morning i will let you know how it goes

Posted Sun 17 Dec 17 @ 2:38 am
Good luck, and take your time to practice on it, before taking it out to gig. I know, you want to rock with it right away. That's all good, as long as you take responsibility if it doesn't go so smooth. I only practiced about 12 hours before taking mine to the club, but I also had backup.

Posted Sun 17 Dec 17 @ 5:46 am

can anyone help
the Audio setup looks different

Posted Mon 18 Dec 17 @ 4:18 am
is because i am on a mac

Posted Mon 18 Dec 17 @ 4:20 am

Posted Mon 18 Dec 17 @ 10:20 am
Yes I download the drivers and software

Posted Mon 18 Dec 17 @ 3:13 pm
So far it seems that everything is working have not tested it all it will be a little bit of a learning curve the sound card is different then what is on virtual DJs site but it sounds like it's working correct

Posted Mon 18 Dec 17 @ 3:43 pm
73%