Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Recording Crash

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Clicking record, wait a few, stop record and then start record right away... easy to produce a crash. using MP4 .. resolution does not seem to matter... Does not seem to matter if anything is on screen. So blank screen nothing playing, click stop / stop record rapidly and VDJ restarts. Maybe you got a report as I did it about 4 or 5 times.

Posted Fri 01 Sep 17 @ 12:23 am
I can confirm this crash as well.

Posted Thu 07 Sep 17 @ 2:37 am
was finally able to reproduce crash. weird. but not sure how many are going to rapid click start/stop that fast.

Posted Thu 07 Sep 17 @ 9:46 am
John you say 'finally' ... for me I say easily and every time... Since I do not sit here and try to find bugs in VDJ, the first time I saw the problem was just in normal flow and just wanted to stop the record. It does not need to be so rapid either... Rapid is just to produce the bug more easily and get on to fixing the problem

For most companies it would be a no brainer to fix it.

Posted Thu 07 Sep 17 @ 11:30 am
I only say finally because the first few times I tried to reproduce I created 16 new video files on my desktop and it didn't crash... but today I tried in two different ways and managed to crash/restart both times.
as to why...that's for the boffins to delve into

Posted Thu 07 Sep 17 @ 12:02 pm
BTW: This crash seems specific to nVidia. It has been reported.

Posted Thu 07 Sep 17 @ 12:09 pm
Thanks George, glad to hear it's being looked at.

Posted Thu 07 Sep 17 @ 12:55 pm
Still some kind of issue with this.... did not crash outright but after clicking start/stop record several times VDJ user interface became non responsive to the mouse (maybe more). This might be a clue to something else. Like it may be more of general thing and not just record... I think someone else mentioned something about a hang unrelated to recording in some thread. did not mess with it too much to narrow it down more. Was able close VDJ down via the task bar though.

Posted Tue 09 Jan 18 @ 6:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)