Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Renaming tracks doesnt stick

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am renaming tracks with the bpm in the title. I am renaming the titles in my library folder and when I find the track in VDJ it still says the old track name. I deleted the vdj folder that keeps showing up on my external hd and i restarted vdj. It says the renamed title in my library but not in vdj.

Whats the deal? I kinda need the renaming to stick....

Posted Fri 19 May 17 @ 1:28 am
Have you checked that the disk is not set as read only ?
Have you checked that you have enough permitions to modify the files on the drive (NTFS security tab)
Finally keep in mind that VirtualDj is not able to rename a track if the track is in use.
That's usually when the track is open on the preview player (inside the info panel)

Other than that it works perfect for me

Posted Fri 19 May 17 @ 7:51 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
If you just renamed the FILE NAME you have to change the artist or title TAG aswell.

In case you don't know. MP3Tag is able to batch convert filename to tag. So you don't have to do it manually for every file.

Posted Fri 19 May 17 @ 7:51 am
JohneySoQlose wrote :
I am renaming the titles in my library folder

From where? You need to rename from within VDJ in order for the VDJ database to be aware of the changes.

If you change the name from your OS (i.e. Windows Explorer), then the VDJ database won't know anything's changed - unless you rescan the file(s).

Posted Fri 19 May 17 @ 4:51 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)