Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Video Auto Crossfade not working

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

zzatPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Does anyone have any idea why my auto video crossfade does not work. deck songs change but video stays on same deck
If i select the Link video crossfade it works as it should

I'm using VDJ 8.2 with build 3734 skin V8 by Fruit
Any help would be appreciated

Posted Fri 12 May 17 @ 12:35 am
zzat wrote :

If i select the Link video crossfade it works as it should

this is how is supposed to be i believe

Posted Fri 12 May 17 @ 12:53 am
No its not as the video will never fade over to the new song
example the video will stop on the deck that was playing when i crossfade to say deck 2 the song plays but the video display will show deck 1 video not playing

Posted Fri 12 May 17 @ 1:04 am
if you do not link the video and audio xfader then you will have to do them each manually and separately

link and they work together as one

that or i just have no idea what you are saying and i am sorry for that

Posted Fri 12 May 17 @ 1:13 am
No it's ok im having a tough time explaining i guess

Hmm if you look at your VDJ you may understand.
I have it loaded on my home computer that I use for testing and i have it loaded on the Gig Laptop my home computer works as it should

when auto is selected the (with the volume crossfader in the middle) the deck that is playing will auto move the video crossfader to the deck that is playing
( the volume crossfader still in the middle ) and if you stop the deck and start the other deck the video crossfader will move moves to the deck that is now playing.

well on my Gig laptop the video crossfader will not move unless i move it specifically or if i select the link button.

try yours maybe that will help.

Thanks for the assistance.

Posted Fri 12 May 17 @ 1:29 am
Ok I think its a bug with a build but not sure which build now.

my video auto crossfade only works after i have unloaded the song from the deck that just stopped playing then the video will switch to the new deck that is playing
if i unplug my controller (DDJ SX2) with V8 by fruit skin and run virtual dj with my mouse ( no controller hooked up ) auto video crossfade works as it should.

the video crossfader use to work with my controller just not sure when it stopped working :(

can someone look into this ?

Posted Sat 13 May 17 @ 12:23 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Can you try with ..
- default 4 decks skin
- default DDJ-SX2 mapper
- AUTO enabled from VIDEO panel

Posted Sat 13 May 17 @ 5:42 am
I will try tonight as I'm all packed up to head out to my gig,I will get back to you.
I did try changing the mapper for it but had no luck with that either
I also had the default skin but only 2 deck and it did not work either.

Thanks for helping :)

Posted Sat 13 May 17 @ 1:57 pm
Video AUTO Crossfade is NOT working. This just stopped recently I am on V8.2 b3798 running on Windows 10. It looks like yet another regression and they always seem to happen when I am about to do a gig. Please fix this. I don't want to use the LNK button that makes the slider move exactly with the audio Crossfade, it is too jerkly without the smooth action of AUTO. And guys, please try not to regress working functions?

Posted Tue 08 Aug 17 @ 3:07 am
madisonbear wrote :
Video AUTO Crossfade is NOT working.

It does work for me with b3798, as long as I remember to enable some kind of video output:

If I don't have any video output enabled, because I'm just testing the feature, it doesn't move automatically, which has confused me a couple of times, but of course if totally fine for actual use

Also the issues above seems to be controller issues (it works for him without a controller), could it be the same for you?

madisonbear wrote :
It looks like yet another regression

That's a bit harsh.
I personally don't remember a regression bug making it past the Early Access builds - people will be be complaining before then (which is the whole idea)
It has probably happened, but I really don't think it happens a lot

Posted Tue 08 Aug 17 @ 6:24 am
My apologies for the remark, it was late and I was tired.

One of the gain sliders was almost all the way down, I don't know if that was changed across releases, but I don't recall the gain slider levels having any effect on the AUTO feature. I knew that AUTO had no effect if nothing was playing on the deck you tried to cross to, but I didn't realize that the gain slider audio levels also stopped it from crossfading.

Posted Wed 09 Aug 17 @ 2:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)