Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: -bpm analyzer improvements

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

jbezzPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I have a question! The latest build of VDJ8.2... b.3731 includes something they call "-bpm analyzer improvements".
I'm not sure what that means or how it will work! My question is will I need to re analyze my entire library for these improvements to take effect?

Thank you.

Posted Wed 03 May 17 @ 7:54 pm
Its a new algorithm which should give better beat detection. It will only do anything if you turn it on in the settings and then rescan a track, so yes, you would need to rescan to get the benefit.

Posted Wed 03 May 17 @ 8:02 pm
SerinePRO InfinityMember since 2013
Another great improvement to this feature.

Before this was introduced, perhaps 25% of my library had unusable detections. Today I am down to just 4 songs, which I suspect would be more like 2% of my whole library (I did not re-scan everything when this improvement was first released).

This generally doesn't include older tracks where there is not a quantized bpm, and doesn't include variable BPM tracks, but of the tracks I expect VDJ to be able to pick up, it's getting almost all of them. Great work and something that I think will make VDJ much more usable to beginner DJs

Posted Wed 03 May 17 @ 8:33 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
With this update the biggest part of the improvements are now available with both experimentalBeatAnalyzer on or off, only a small part is still being tested further with experimentalBeatAnalyzer on.

At this time, the improvements will still only be visible on new tracks or after re-analyzing previously scanned tracks.
Since we are still fine-tuning the improvements, I would limit re-scanning to just tracks that you notice are wrong.

When finished with this round of improvements, we will likely update the scan version number, which means that all tracks that were not scanned with the improved version yet will automatically be rescanned on load. (of course if you manually made changes to bpm or grid these will not be changed unless you manually rescan them)

Posted Thu 04 May 17 @ 5:28 am
jbezzPRO InfinityMember since 2010
How will we know when this round of improvements is finished? Will we know when the scan version number is updated? Will there be way for us to tell when this happens?

Posted Thu 04 May 17 @ 9:27 pm
jbezz wrote :
How will we know when this round of improvements is finished? Will we know when the scan version number is updated? Will there be way for us to tell when this happens?

Watch the change logs for updates?

Posted Thu 04 May 17 @ 10:11 pm
Adion wrote :
With this update the biggest part of the improvements are now available with both experimentalBeatAnalyzer on or off, only a small part is still being tested further with experimentalBeatAnalyzer on.

At this time, the improvements will still only be visible on new tracks or after re-analyzing previously scanned tracks.
Since we are still fine-tuning the improvements, I would limit re-scanning to just tracks that you notice are wrong.

When finished with this round of improvements, we will likely update the scan version number, which means that all tracks that were not scanned with the improved version yet will automatically be rescanned on load. (of course if you manually made changes to bpm or grid these will not be changed unless you manually rescan them)

Awesome!

Is there any way to search for tracks which have not been manually adjusted? I am guessing I won't need this when the improvements are done but just in case I do, since it's apparently stored, can I?

I am OCD about good grids because I listen using automix while I work at my day job.

Posted Thu 04 May 17 @ 10:17 pm
Adion wrote :
which means that all tracks that were not scanned with the improved version yet will automatically be rescanned on load. (of course if you manually made changes to bpm or grid these will not be changed unless you manually rescan them)

read this part carefully :-)

Posted Thu 04 May 17 @ 10:19 pm
Yes that's what made me ask - I want to be able to distinguish these tracks from ones I have manually adjusted (90% of my library) because I can't believe all the new scans will be up to the standard of my OCD

Posted Thu 04 May 17 @ 11:04 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)