Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Discount for Pro Subscribers - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hi

Just wondering if there is a discount available to people like myself who have subscribed to PRO.
In the past I'd sign up for the months when I was using it out and about, and then quiet months I'd cancel my subs. Now I'm getting more and more work, I would be cheaper for me to buy an infinity licence, but I must have paid for at least 12 months subscription in the last 18, so was thinking was there a discounted infinity licence?

Cheers
Graham

Posted Mon 05 Sep 16 @ 10:36 am
As far as I'm aware that is not an option.

This question has been asked in the past and I'm sure the reply was that you cannot use previous subscription payments towards the pro licence.

Posted Mon 05 Sep 16 @ 10:41 am
unfortunately you cannot, I asked in the past and they sent the boys round to tear me a new one just for asking! (i kept real quiet after that) :)

Posted Mon 05 Sep 16 @ 10:58 am
Thanks for that.

Seems a bit stingy that I've paid out most of a infinity licence cost but they still want more cash. Bummer

Well at least it's a write off against profits.... that are now going to be a lot less.

Graham

Posted Mon 05 Sep 16 @ 10:59 am
It's time to get the infinite Pro Infinity and not make that mistake again.

Posted Mon 05 Sep 16 @ 1:03 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
I think Atomix missed out actually when the guys were "renting" their license, if they had made it a buy as you go plan without the usual interest rates a lot of kudos could have been made and probably a lot more wannabe legit users would have gravitated towards VDJ.

I know Atomix make more money on their "rental" but hey, not everyone can fork out a certain amount of money due to their own personal circumstances, but at the same time would feel more pride in owning the software.

Maybes something to look at in the future.

Posted Mon 05 Sep 16 @ 7:34 pm
tayla wrote :
I think Atomix missed out actually when the guys were "renting" their license, if they had made it a buy as you go plan without the usual interest rates a lot of kudos could have been made and probably a lot more wannabe legit users would have gravitated towards VDJ.

I know Atomix make more money on their "rental" but hey, not everyone can fork out a certain amount of money due to their own personal circumstances, but at the same time would feel more pride in owning the software.

Maybes something to look at in the future.

I can imagine that there are loads of people like myself with a wife and kids who can't afford the £300 just at the drop of a hat. I have no doubt that there are people who are using cracked versions of 7 for that very reason.
I will personally pay the subscription when I am using it personally until I have saved the cash from the Christmas period, and just gurn to myself......or until Atomix change their policy.

Posted Mon 05 Sep 16 @ 9:34 pm
DynamicSoundsDisco wrote :

I can imagine that there are loads of people like myself with a wife and kids who can't afford the £300

Im sure there isn't either but then theres people like me who have 5 kids, a wife, dog, cat, truck payments, insurance, school loans, mortgage and some how i have to get my kids through college when the time comes (first one goes in 2 years) . I basically work none stop to get what I want. I have a full time job which is 55/65 hours a week, then a part time job which is between 15/20 hours a week on top of the full job and then I gig every weekend!!

If you want it bad enough you'll find a way to make the money. Shit isn't always easy for my family but I bust my ass day in and day out to get what they need and what I need as well.

And this will probably sound bad but I wouldn't rent/lease anything!! Thats 20 bucks your throwing away which is 20 bucks further away from what your trying to get. Use a free program like MIXXX and just save your money. And if your not gigging with VDJ anyways just use the free HOME version until you have the money saved.

Posted Tue 06 Sep 16 @ 12:06 am
Agreed. It's like leasing a car. At the end you are out the lease money and no car! I do not know what a DJ makes at a gig, but I would suspect that the $300.00 would pay for itself in a very short time if not immediately.

Posted Tue 06 Sep 16 @ 1:50 am
If you are not making that at a minimum something is wrong. We as DJ's spend at a very very minimum of $100 a month. from music hardware and software etc. some of us spend over $500 a month. so the first thing on your list to pay for should be your software. I personally can't believe it is as low as it is for such a powerful software.

Posted Tue 06 Sep 16 @ 2:33 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I think the first thing to consider is that the company allows it to be used in full for such a small amount of money. As many have already said, your first gig or first week of gigs should pay for the software. Then it is yours free and clear.

Posted Tue 06 Sep 16 @ 2:21 pm
can't afford the £300

It's not £300 - is 300 dollars, which is just over £200. As others have said, that's an absolute stone cold 100% bargain considering you've got it for life.

You couldn't get a decent laptop for that money. Or a decent mobile phone, or table, or TV, or DJ controller........and all those things would be obsolete or broken in a year or two and you'd have to spend again to get another one.

Posted Tue 06 Sep 16 @ 5:26 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
groovindj wrote :
can't afford the £300

It's not £300 - is 300 dollars, which is just over £200. As others have said, that's an absolute stone cold 100% bargain considering you've got it for life.

You couldn't get a decent laptop for that money. Or a decent mobile phone, or table, or TV, or DJ controller........and all those things would be obsolete or broken in a year or two and you'd have to spend again to get another one.

Plus VAT

Posted Tue 06 Sep 16 @ 5:52 pm
groovindj wrote :

or table

Oops, just spotted this. That's supposed to say tablet - but tables can be expensive too!

Posted Tue 06 Sep 16 @ 7:14 pm
groovindj wrote :
groovindj wrote :

or table

Oops, just spotted this. That's supposed to say tablet - but tables can be expensive too!

lol

Posted Tue 06 Sep 16 @ 7:17 pm
If you're taking about the ipad Pro it is a table. Literally.

Posted Tue 06 Sep 16 @ 7:28 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Aah tables, just like a women... legs all the way to the floor.

Posted Tue 06 Sep 16 @ 8:21 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :

I can imagine that there are loads of people like myself with a wife and kids who can't afford the £300

Im sure there isn't either but then theres people like me who have 5 kids, a wife, dog, cat, truck payments, insurance, school loans, mortgage and some how i have to get my kids through college when the time comes (first one goes in 2 years) . I basically work none stop to get what I want. I have a full time job which is 55/65 hours a week, then a part time job which is between 15/20 hours a week on top of the full job and then I gig every weekend!!

If you want it bad enough you'll find a way to make the money. Shit isn't always easy for my family but I bust my ass day in and day out to get what they need and what I need as well.

And this will probably sound bad but I wouldn't rent/lease anything!! Thats 20 bucks your throwing away which is 20 bucks further away from what your trying to get. Use a free program like MIXXX and just save your money. And if your not gigging with VDJ anyways just use the free HOME version until you have the money saved.

I second that emotion. (Credit Al Cleveland)

Posted Tue 06 Sep 16 @ 9:46 pm
cru68PRO InfinityMember since 2016
I am still deciding on what to do I can do the 300 bucks but I am not a dj giging and getting paid. I am just an online radio dj but all the software out their sucks the two best are sams and VDJ for this type of thing and both are about the same in price. Oh and your right their are tons of cracked versions of both but they have their issues as well.

Posted Wed 05 Sep 18 @ 9:34 pm
Add up the money you spend on the subscription, and you will have your answer. You know that you only have to feed the kids once a day, and you will have the money right now. Why deprive yourself now, your kids will love you more, because you are happy. Actually, they will grow up and forget that you fed them. Ungrateful little ^%@$^&&^.

Posted Wed 05 Sep 18 @ 9:48 pm
95%