Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: DN-MC6000 Mixer microphone question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mrpoonHome userMember since 2013
Hello,

I am using the DN-MC6000 from a relative and currently using the setup playback from my PC. Works great!

I am also using the backswitch for "rec out/mic" to use my connected microphone 1 to be used as my main audio input (channel 3/4) on my windows 10 pc. Works great too!

Except that the mic is playbacking on the main and booth outputs... I think I've read all the forum posts on this website, but I would like to know if it's possible to disable mic playback on main and/or booth outputs. I read that with the "post" button you can playback mic to Booth output. But this already happens when it's turned off! (turning post on doesn't change anything).

Right now I can't playback music from my PC over main/booth without hearing myself through the music being played while talking. As the picked up voice on mic 1 is being directly playbacked.

I'm thinking the microphone lines are internally connected to main outputs so I can't do anything about that, but also booth outputs?

Note: I wish not to use VirtualDJ, but if that's the only option then so be it.

Posts and info I've read:

- http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/DN-MC6000.html
- http://fr.virtualdj.com/forums/173493/General_Discussion/Mic_Recording_Trouble.html

Posted Sun 28 Aug 16 @ 2:53 pm
Can anybody help me on this topic?

Posted Tue 30 Aug 16 @ 1:31 pm
I can't understand why you would NOT want to hear yourself.

Hearing your voice on the output confirms that the mic is working for a start. You also need to hear it to set mic volume and EQ appropriately.

Finally it's the only way to balance your own voice against the music, to ensure that people can hear both clearly.

Posted Tue 30 Aug 16 @ 1:47 pm
Thanks for the reply groov,

I wish not to hear myself in this particular setup. Don't get me wrong, I obviously need to hear the mic to tweak everything accordingly and mainly because people have to hear me. But, at home I do not wish to hear myself talk ;)

Poon.

Posted Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 11:56 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)