Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Alternate way to play CDG track from customer

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I understand that Virtual DJ does not support the playing of CDG tracks directly from the CDG disc, but when I'm doing Karaoke shows, I often have customers who bring me discs loaded with MP4 files and a request to play a certain track. This, of course, is very easy in Virtual DJ and I can play the requests without problems. The problem comes when a customer gives me a CDG disc. I had to rip all of my CDG discs to an external hard drive and save the new tracks as zip files. These I have no problem playing through Virtual DJ. What can I use to play the customers CDG disc when that is all they have, and I don't have the file in my collection. Obviously it's illegal to download the file to Power CD+G Burner II and save it to my hard drive (and besides, who would have the time to do this during a live karaoke show?) Just need to know if this is possible, or if I need to look at other karaoke show software that offers this ability.

Posted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 3:00 am
139 people have viewed this post, but not one person could bother to post a reply. What is the point in posting a question if no one bothers to answer. What is it, do only the popular posters get responses? Do you post replies for your buddies, but screw all the other DJ's who have legitimate questions or concerns? I posted another question on this forum about a problem I had at a gig on Saturday, and no one has bothered to respond to that question either. Real helpful group!!

Posted Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 9:09 pm
if vdj wont play the CDG directly, maybe there is some other software for windows or mac that COULD play them?

Power DVD might support it as the version I got with my DVD drive could handle almost anything I threw at it..
(I'm only speculating without doing any research on this but if not Power DVD then see what Goggle can suggest)

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 2:13 am

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 2:18 am
Thank you Mark Molinski. I will look into that software.

Posted Tue 13 Sep 16 @ 3:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)