Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: headphone volume question

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi,
I am using VDJ 8.2 and I have an external sound card. How can I change the volume specifically on each song in my headphones while prelistening? I am having trouble mixing music while prelistening because both songs are screaming in my ears and I would like to find a way to turn down the volume on one of them.
Thanks!
Mia

Posted Sat 16 Jul 16 @ 6:31 am
So you have the master coming out of one side of the phones, and the preview coming out of the other? Is this the way you want it? Are you using a controller or a mixer?

Posted Sat 16 Jul 16 @ 6:40 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
What you hear in the Headphones Channel depends on..
- The Gain of each Deck (affects both Master and Headphones output)
- The Headphones Volume knob (in the MASTER Panel)
- The Headphones Cue-Mix knob (in the Master Panel) = Blends Sound in Headphones between the Master Output (if in Mix posiiton) and the Decks that have PFL enabled
- The PFL buttons

If e.g. Headphones Volume is set to 0, you shouldn't get any sound in Headphones. If you do, then your audio configuration is wrong.

Posted Sat 16 Jul 16 @ 11:22 am
Hi!
Am using Pioneer DDJ-SB controller. When i was connecting my headphones to my mac, and playing a song (without connecting controller), am able to get a louder volume from my headphones.
But, when i try to play a song after connecting controller to mac and headphones connected to the controller, I was unable to hear the song louder. Although all knobs are at high volume and i can hear the song, it wasn't quite loud enough in the headphones(As it did connecting headphones to mac).

I used a PC before and i never gone through such a trouble earlier. I installed Virtual Dj in my New Mac today and i was facing this problem. I have cross-checked the settings of PC and Mac. Both were same. I can't understand what the problem is!

Please help me out with this and get my problem solved as soon as possible.

Thank You.

Posted Wed 04 Oct 17 @ 11:08 am
if your having issues lowering the headphones gain in your VDJ, here is a tip. right above your VDJ gain controls there are 4 options "mixer, video, scratch and Master" go to master and there you have the option to lower the volume of your headphones.

Posted Sun 29 Oct 17 @ 12:11 am
I'm using 2 decks but i can't pre-listen my song, i only hear one deck.

Posted Fri 08 Dec 17 @ 4:31 am
christinebock wrote :
I'm using 2 decks but i can't pre-listen my song, i only hear one deck.

This question was already answered in yourother post

Posted Fri 08 Dec 17 @ 1:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)